Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Ford LTD Country Squire

FordWagonNut

This is my first Modelhaus wagons I bought when I graduated college in '08 as a gift for myself. Just like the '72 Ford Custom I bought from them, this is no different. I bought the kit that you use the '70 Galaxie as a donor kit. All the lines on the wagon are spot on to its 1:1 counterpart, very very little clean up was needed. I am so happy with the Modelhaus, my next order will be another '70 Country Squire, '76 Cadillac Coupe Deville, and the '74 Chevrolet Impala.

The color I chose was Flame Red from the Model Master lacquer system. Two coats of the primer, three coats of color, and three coats of the clear. For the interior I used Dupli-Color vinal & fabric dye, HVP110 burgandy. I have also done something I have never done before, crafted my own roof rack. The Modelhaus comes without the rack. Also the faux wood sides decals where included, they to are spot on to the 1:1. But I am having a few issues with them. One, they don't want to stick, and two, if you break open the ink, it shows the white paper under. So I'm still working on that.

The colors are very close to the '77 Country Squire I had restored in college. It was totaled on delivery the same day, three hours before I walked to graduate. So this is my little "thank you" for a car that broke open a lot of social bariers I had.

S5000080-2.jpg

S5000079-2.jpg

S5000081-2.jpg