Model Cars Magazine Forum

cancer warrior

hotrod347

this build was done not to long ago. i did it as a tribute to the families and friends i know as well of those i don't that have either suffered with cancer, lost a loved one to cancer, or survived the ordeal. each color on this kit represents a cancer ribbon. pink bein the more obvious one for breast cancer and light blue for ovarian cancer. even the tires have a role, well the white walls do anyway. white is for bone cancer.

cancerwarriordone001.jpg

cancerwarriordone002.jpg

cancerwarriordone003.jpg

cancerwarriordone004.jpg

cancerwarriordone005.jpg

cancerwarriordone006.jpg

josh

Morning, well thats the first model ive seen. Cancer sucks! I shoot for a motorcycle magazine and im always interested in tribute anything! This is a really cool way of being involved. Just a thoguht, why not build one and donate it to a Childrens hospital (PM me if interested in finding one in toyr area)or something to be raffled off. Ive seen some crazy bikers bid real money for items donated at a charity fund raiser. Give me an idea to build a bike of somesort to be auctioned off! Thanks for sharing.

Drew aka Shootenanny.

Lost my brother to Lung Cancer fifty-one years ago.

He was only twenty-six years old, I was eight.

Thank you, a nice clean build .

Nice job on the tribute!! i love it! But tell me, were you alittle nervous about posting the photos??

Could not help but notice the "pink stuff"...

not nervous at all. to be quite honest with ya, the original idea was to build a girly type hotrod to begin with. this one took on a life of it's own. the nervousness was more the case when i went to post the pics up on agapemodels.com. this was for a fellowship build that a member here (midnightprowler :lee) started. the build it's self has some importance to me as well. my mother lost her sister to ovarian, hence the blue, and i dated a gal in high school who's mother has been free of breast cancer now for the past 8 years now. i still keep in touch with her and her mom.

the engine is not gold, but yellow.

GOD BLESS

josh