Model Cars Magazine Forum

'21 Olds Coupe

Chuck Most

This is just simply a quick, weekend boredom killer, the buildup of which I chronicled on the H.A.M.B. I guess my new hobby is seeing how many ways I can mutilate the Beverly Hillbillies kit!

IMG_57801-vi.jpg

IMG_57811-vi.jpg

IMG_57821-vi.jpg

IMG_57841-vi.jpg

I scratchbuilt the top and the front 1/3 or so of the chassis, dropped in an Olds 215 V8 from a '61 F-85, and added a grille from a Heller Citroen because it kind of looked like an old Indy car grille shell. The rest is all parts box junk and cast-offs from other projects.

Here's how it went together-

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckMost/hot-rods-1/21-olds-coupe/

Edited by Chuck Most

I love your builds Chuck! but answer me this Chuckman! What attracts you to this type of build? (just curious). Keep up the excellent work Bro! B)

I just don't want to do the same thing everybody else is doing. B) As Car & Driver's John Phillips once put it- "Some people think of things that don't exist and ask 'why not'. I think of things that do exist and ask 'why this?"

This is just simply a quick, weekend boredom killer, the buildup of which I chronicled on the H.A.M.B. I guess my new hobby is seeing how many ways I can mutilate the Beverly Hillbillies kit!

IMG_57801-vi.jpg

IMG_57811-vi.jpg

IMG_57821-vi.jpg

IMG_57841-vi.jpg

I scratchbuilt the top and the front 1/3 or so of the chassis, dropped in an Olds 215 V8 from a '61 F-85, and added a grille from a Heller Citroen because it kind of looked like an old Indy car grille shell. The rest is all parts box junk and cast-offs from other projects.

Here's how it went together-

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckMost/hot-rods-1/21-olds-coupe/

Chuck...cool build and theme. Once again, a great choice for an engine! Best regards....TIM BOYD

It's obvious that you have fun with your Hillbilly builds. I assume it doesn't hurt that you can get the Beverly Hillbillies kit cheap!! :D:P

Now you just need to power them with the cool Corvair motor from the George Barris T Buggy! Those things are a drug on the market, too. There are 43 of them on Ebay right now!! :lol: There are only 18 Hillbillies kits on right now! :D

Now you just need to power them with the cool Corvair motor from the George Barris T Buggy! Those things are a drug on the market, too. There are 43 of them on Ebay right now!! B) There are only 18 Hillbillies kits on right now! ;)

Not this kit, but I do have a 'Vair powered rod in the works. "Stay Tuned" is all I'll say for now... ;)

This looks very good, that is one Hot Rod, I've never seen in model car. ('21 Olds) Like this very much, grille looks good, but that Oldsmobile air cleaner is awesome looking, detailing is very good too...! Those headers are looking very good too! Very good choice of wheels, specially those slicks are great choice.