Model Cars Magazine Forum

56 Ford pickup

Sixties Sam

Hey, guys, I just finished this Revell 56 Ford F-100 pickup kit. I found it on ebay for $13.00 shipped! It's built completely stock. I plan to use it in a diorama later. I remember building the original version of this kit in the 1960's and it was difficult. It hasn't changed. There were some fit issues with the doors and hood. Some of it was my fault. The right inner fender shifted downward while glue was drying, so I had to relocate the door hinge to make it fit. It all worked out, and I'm pleased with the results. Paint is Krylon with some clear over it. I still have to add some chains on the tailgate, and I might add a visor over the windshield to hide the glue smear I made - oops!

4915009626_7e22645a21_z.jpg

4914406323_8b626c5afb_z.jpg

4914406031_0fd41b2321_z.jpg

Comments welcome. I know it's not perfect, but I like it!

Sam

Guest Johnny

You have done a fantastic job on that model!cool.gif

I have had that kit 3 times over the years.I only bought the first one and the other two were from people that got too frustrated with it to finish!

I gave one to my sone and it wound up too bad of a glue bomb to fix. The others were put together to make a chopped top truck. and a lot of parts.

The truck I built wound up crushed when a load in a U-Haul shifted and a box full of dishes fell on it!

That model is one of the hardest I have ever built as far as geting parts to fit correctly!

Thanks for the compliments, guys. That kit was more work than I wanted it to be - many fit issues. I liked the red one on the kit box, so I went with that color. I painted the hood three times. Got dirt in it the first time, then the clear attacked the red the second time. I sanded it off and did it in red again with no clear. It looks OK, I guess. Finishes in those days weren't as shiny as the clearcoated ones today, and farm trucks were seldom shined up!

Charlie, the figure is a G scale model train figure. I got a pack of 20 of them on ebay for about $17. They're good for 1950's-60's dioramas.

Sam

Edited by Sixties Sam

At first glance, I thought that the fist picture that you posted was a real 1:1 truck!! Nice, clean job on a kit that most people never completed. That old Revell stuff really left a lot to be desired back then, didn't it? They sure did pull up their socks though and they've taken to the forefront with many of their newer releases!

Your modell is a winner and an excellent subject, to say the least. It's nice to see one of these built stock.. it's like eye candy/ :unsure: Nice job!! :rolleyes::lol::lol: