Model Cars Magazine Forum

what car did you own that you wish they did a model of

When I was growing up, my dad bought a silvery, blueish 1989 Dodge Ramcharger 4x4 with a 318 that he drove every day for 12 years. Had over 450K miles when he finally traded it in. We both cried as we watched them drive it arond back. That was a GREAT vehicle, and I'd love to have one to build to commemorate old blue...

Great topic by the way.

1963-76 Rover P6

Renault 16 (exists only in 1/20 scale)

Ford of Europe Granada MKII (had fourteen of them (!))

Opel Admiral B

Opel Rekord C

Mercedes-Benz W108

Mercedes-Benz W116

Mercedes-Benz 300 "Adenauer" W186, W188, and W189

Maserati Ghibli

Iso Grifo

Fiat 1500

Fiat 2300

Fiat 850 Spider

Fiat 130 saloon

Fiat 130 coupe

Jensen Interceptor

1963 Lagonda Rapide

Jaguar MK10

1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic four door sedan

1978 Ford Thunderbird

1976 Mercury Grand Marquis

1961 Imperial Crown Southampton

I've been pretty lucky on this topic and I have been in the process of building them all. Out of 14 cars I've owned ... I DO usually hold on to them when they are good ... there's only 2 that I can't model. I've pretty much started or finished all the others. They all required some mod's body work to get the model or year I had. I've also built 3 of my wife's and 2 of my Dad's cars.

The two I can't do from other kits is my current 2008 Infiniti G37 Coupe and the other being a 1972 Volvo 145 wagon.

Easy enough.

Kits exist for my other favorite past rides:

F. '00 Chevy S10 Pickup

Accually the 94-97 was quite different style wise from the 98-03, completely different interior, different exterior parts(grill, bumper etc....) and if ya had a 2.2L(which sucks big time btw) then it wasen't kitted in the s10. Also the 4.3 intake was different.

What I'm saying is yes is was kitted, but not the updated style 98+, and I know because I own a 99.

All the hearses I had/have:

1961 Ford Country Sedan

1979 Chevrolet Caprice Classic

1962 Chevrolet Biscayne converted by Duffy's of Dundalk

1948 Chrysler Windsor converted by Duffy's of Dundalk

1948 Hudson Hornet converted by Duffy's of Dundalk

Ford of Europe Granada MKII by Duffy's and Woodall Nicholson

Ford of England Zodiac MKIV by Duffy's

1938 Daimler DE18 by CO-OP (Coachbuilder unknown. The car was commissioned new as a hearse by the co-operative, England's largest funeral company to this day)

1964 Austin Princess by Woodall Nicholson

Fiat 130 by Dario Casale

Mercedes Benz 450SEL 6.9 by Dario Casale

1959 Pontiac Bonneville by Pilato

1934 Rolls-Royce 25/30 by Alpe & Saunders

Daimler DS 420 by Woodall Nicholson

Rover 75 by J. McNeillie & Sons

And my 'new' Jaguar XJ by Eagle Coachcraft and my 'new' Aussie Ford Falcon by Hammond

Accually the 94-97 was quite different style wise from the 98-03, completely different interior, different exterior parts(grill, bumper etc....) and if ya had a 2.2L(which sucks big time btw) then it wasen't kitted in the s10. Also the 4.3 intake was different.

What I'm saying is yes is was kitted, but not the updated style 98+, and I know because I own a 99.

I used a little shorthand in that post: I have a resin conversion kit of the 2000 S10 LS extended cab pickup. It is a Perry's Resin piece; very, very nice.

I used a little shorthand in that post: I have a resin conversion kit of the 2000 S10 LS extended cab pickup. It is a Perry's Resin piece; very, very nice.

Really? does it include the 98+ interior too?

I wish some one would do a 98+ sonoma, because I don't feel like making a 94-97 a 98 plus lol

and the sonoma headlights, hood, bumper etc... are different from the s10.

That would make a great kit-the thing that is, not the roach coach:P

oldscool

Actually, I wouldn't mind a canteen truck model, just for something different.

Christian- do you have a picture of that Hudson hearse? Any conversion like that would've been very, very rare. I didn't even know such a thing was made. It would've been either a Commodore or Super Six/Eight, as the Hornet didn't get introduced until 1951.

Charlie Larkin

Christian- do you have a picture of that Hudson hearse? Any conversion like that would've been very, very rare. I didn't even know such a thing was made. It would've been either a Commodore or Super Six/Eight, as the Hornet didn't get introduced until 1951.

Charlie Larkin

Yeah, I guess it was a Super six since it had a six. The cars were built in Ireland from CKDs. At least 10 or so were made into hearses by Duffy. Six are known to survive, three of them in useable condition. I see if I can dig up a photo, there must be some prints somewhere...

i wish they would make my first car 1983 Buick Regal sedan, i have seen the promo for my 1991 Buick Regal 2 door, although it's a 1988 which is almost identical to the 91, maybe my 1992/93 Mazda 929's would be fun too.

1991 Buick Regal

91buick.jpg

1993 Mazda 929/Serenia

SSPX0014.jpg

Edited by Poncho-Power

E. '78 Camaro Z-28

A 78 Camaro? I've never seen that kit. I've seen the 79, which is fine because about the only difference externally in the 79 from the 78 is the lack of the front spoiler on the 78. I had a 78 and my brother had the 80, which was pretty much the same as the 79. Was there a kit made specifically of the 78 Z-28?

Terry

Knowing that all of this is mostly wishful thinking, here are a few of the cars in my past I'd like to see produced in 1/25th scale. 1967-68 Plymouth Valiant, 1969-70 Dodge Polara, 1969-1971 Chrysler New Yorker, 1968 & 69 Plymouth Satellite, 1954 Ford. A few cars that were not in my past but wish that were produced: 1968 Plymouth GTX (The only GTX never produced in in minerature!) 1978-86 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme and/or 442/1983-4 Hurst, 1970-71 Plymouth Sport Fury GT, 1975-1977 Chrysler Cordoba, 1976-1980 Dodge Aspen R/T, 1978-79 Dodge Magnum,1980-83 Dodge Mirada, 1987-1995 Chrysler LeBaron (J-Body) Convertible, 2010-current Dodge Ram Pick-up (Oh, that's right....it's no longer considered or supposed to be called a Dodge. A Fiat, maybe? ;) ) :) Fury3

A 78 Camaro? I've never seen that kit. I've seen the 79, which is fine because about the only difference externally in the 79 from the 78 is the lack of the front spoiler on the 78. I had a 78 and my brother had the 80, which was pretty much the same as the 79. Was there a kit made specifically of the 78 Z-28?

Terry

Just a slight change of the fender vent and the striping. '78? '79? No one has ever noticed the diff. ;)

Edited by Danno

I think the AMT Courier is '78-ish- I've got a couple of the "Monroe Magnum" version

The second gen Camaros were done as annuals so every year is available

The '78 has a different dash as well as the grille, stripes, and front spoiler mentioned. The '78 relaease, as a bonus, was also done in white plastic

ByoCTYgCGkKGrHqRiQEw5yWTwYrBMSjFL2-5w_12.jpg?t=1286059554

Would like to see a kit of my first car- '65 Fury III 4 door hardtop

Edited by ChrisPflug

Knowing that all of this is mostly wishful thinking, here are a few of the cars in my past I'd like to see produced in 1/25th scale. 1967-68 Plymouth Valiant, 1969-70 Dodge Polara, 1969-1971 Chrysler New Yorker, 1968 & 69 Plymouth Satellite, 1954 Ford. A few cars that were not in my past but wish that were produced: 1968 Plymouth GTX (The only GTX never produced in in minerature!) 1978-86 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme and/or 442/1983-4 Hurst, 1970-71 Plymouth Sport Fury GT, 1975-1977 Chrysler Cordoba, 1976-1980 Dodge Aspen R/T, 1978-79 Dodge Magnum,1980-83 Dodge Mirada, 1987-1995 Chrysler LeBaron (J-Body) Convertible, 2010-current Dodge Ram Pick-up (Oh, that's right....it's no longer considered or supposed to be called a Dodge. A Fiat, maybe? :lol: ) ;) Fury3

I'll second all of these picks.

Charlie Larkin

• 3 months later...

71 Ford LTD 2-door.

68 Mercury Montego MX 2-door hardtop.

72 Mercury Montego GT.

The '72/73 Montego GT is probably my favorite car on this earth, but more or less you can get a model of it. http://mmgt.websitetoolbox.com/post?id=2415750&highlight=model Check out this forum on the Montego GT Registry. From what I understand you get parts from a couple sources and a donor kit (maybe a Torino if they make one) and build it using all that.