Model Cars Magazine Forum

VW samba bus

Jared Roach

Just thought I would post this, gonna be a quick build.

Revells samba bus with all the opening panels, and lets just say it's a joke(to me). How do I get those parts on the hinges without breaking them is beyond me. My first kit was was warped extremly bad, so I returned it for this one, and this one only has a warped roof, but STILL! Come on revell fix these warped lit issues I've also heard from other people.

But anyways, the interior is white and brown and the outside will be aqua and white. The door thats on right now is the one that I already broke a hinge, so I through it on there for fun.

sonoma625-1.jpg

sonoma638-1.jpg

I gotta touch up the floor and wear the aqua thing meat.

sonoma605-1.jpg

sonoma648-1.jpg

sonoma646-1.jpg

sonoma640-1.jpg

I still have some work to do to the engine.

sonoma609-1.jpg

sonoma616.jpg

sonoma618-1.jpg

sonoma620-1.jpg

Well thats it for now, I gotta clean up all the paint over spray from the interior, and then primer and paint, but will keep ya updated.

Thanks for looking.

Guest Johnny

Looking good so far! I might suggest that the heater boxes and the mulfler be painted rust and the bottom tins painted semi gloss black for a little more realism!

DON'T TEST FIT THE DOORS! :lol:

The hinges are really frail, and one 'test fit and remove' session can snap them off like nobody's bidness. They look like they'll never fit right until the roof is glued on, or at least taped in place. I'd save instalation of the doors until nearly the end of assembly.

DON'T TEST FIT THE DOORS! :blink:

The hinges are really frail, and one 'test fit and remove' session can snap them off like nobody's bidness. They look like they'll never fit right until the roof is glued on, or at least taped in place. I'd save instalation of the doors until nearly the end of assembly.

Oh I know, I broke that one off when I put down my knife. The roof is deffinatly warped so I'm hoping it goes together right.

Just looking at the hinges makes me wonder how I'm gonna fit em, but time will tell I guess.

• 4 weeks later...

So guys, I have been working on this for a bit today. I got it painted, but it is not what I said it was going to be orginally. I am really starting to hate this kit, and did not want to take 5 days to tape up the body for a two tone paint job. So I was out, and saw this paint and thought I would give it a try.

sonoma808-1.jpg

sonoma811.jpg

sonoma815-1.jpg

sonoma818.jpg

sonoma821-1.jpg

sonoma824-1.jpg

sonoma825-1.jpg

IT works really well, but will be easier to write on when it's glued together. I am going to glue the front doors shut, but the side doors will still function if they line up good. I also did the trim on all the windows, which was a pain because there are so many, but now pic of that.

BTW the chalk comes off really good, it's just hard to do with a camera in your hand.

Thanks for looking.