Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Dodge Charger SRT8

Ajay

Getting towards the end of February and this is my

1st car wip of 2007 - a combination of building Revell choppers, winter weather and a lack of motivation !.

This & the Cadillac STS-V arrived from Model Roundup and fired me up again. I haven't done much so far except spray it Volkswagen Canyon Red Pearl & polish out the clear. I've ditched the kit rims (nice but too big imo) and replaced them with Aoshima Fabulous Various MB-5's. Interior will most probably be black with red inserts - thanks for looking & sorry for the crappy night-time pics.

srt8.jpg

srt81.jpg

Andy

Looking good so far! Will it really sit that low? looks wicked 8) that way...

I've really wanted to start on either the Magnum or Caddy STS, but I've promised myself that I'd finish the current WIP and not be distracted. :?

Thanks Steve

The rims are just resting on the chassis plate at the moment - the suspension is very simplified (metal rod axle) so it won't sit quite as low as in the pic when it's finished but it'll be lower than stock.

Cheers

Andy

Very nice, the wheel could be more of a 1 to 1 scale. I don't think the lower look, looks that great. What kit is that by the way?? The cut doors look sweet.

Thanks Scott - it's the Revell Uptown kit with working scissor doors.

Cheers

Andy

Hmmm a Brit (from which town Andy)? Nice to see another different mind's eye view from beyond our Eastern horizon. Notice tha shine of application in your painting...seems like you Europeans have discovered a secret. Who's paints are ya'll using?

Welcome to our Revolution Andy, enjoy us.... :wink:

:twisted: Zeb

Hmmm a Brit (from which town Andy)? Nice to see another different mind's eye view from beyond our Eastern horizon. Notice tha shine of application in your painting...seems like you Europeans have discovered a secret. Who's paints are ya'll using?

Welcome to our Revolution Andy, enjoy us.... :wink:

:twisted: Zeb

Thanks Zeb

I'm from Wolverhampton (near Birmingham in the Midlands) - I usually use automotive acrylic touch up paint from Halfords (a UK parts store) either straight from the can or via my ancient Badger 200 airbrush.

For clear I've recently started using Mr Hobby Super Clear gloss rubbed out with Micro Mesh polishing cloths and finished off with Tamiya rubbing compound & The Treatment wax.

Cheers

Andy

Lovely color; it was tough for me to choose between a metallic red like this or the silver I chose when I built mine (using stock Magnum rims and gluing the doors in place). Silver won out as I see a silver SRT numerous times around town and it never fails to catch my eye 8)

Should look great when finished. It should sit okay (lower than stock but not as low as these pics) w/o having to move the kit's stock axle location. I used the kit's big brakes (seems they borrowed the basic brake/axle design from Jada), ground down the calipers so they wouldn't contact my wheels, and then used the Magnum wheels w/some resin brake discs/calipers outboard of the kit brakes attached to the chassis. Gave it a nice slightly nose-down attitude that fits the aggressive look of the Charger.

As it's a nice day thought I'd take the opportunity to take an outdoor shot

srt84.jpg

I still need to fine tune the hinge to bring the leading edge of the door nearer the body.

Thanks for looking

Andy

Made a start on the interior toady - the inserts are Tamiya Neutral Grey (XF-53) & the rest is automotive satin black mixed with some white primer to lighten it a bit.

srt85.jpg

Thanks for looking

Andy