Model Cars Magazine Forum

Custom VW golf gti

kruzzinlow

This is my first V W i have ever built, so I am going to lower it to the ground, new wheels,make a sub woofer box for the back paint it a gold flake color of some sort. Let me know what you think thanks for looking i will be updating as much as i can .

IMG_20101014_143059.jpg

IMG_20101014_143112.jpg

IMG_20101014_143121.jpg

IMG_20101014_143140.jpg

great looking so far but to me those are the wrong rims but its your kit B) i love VW's my self can you tell us more about the kit?

Looking good so far, but I must admit I'm not a big fan of the wheels either - an offset that deep would make them stick out(I've owned five 1:1 Mk2 VWs). Like another poster said, however, it's your model...and have fun with it.

The Fujimi kit is very simplified for sure, but the body proportions are way better than the Revellogram one.

Looking good so far, but I must admit I'm not a big fan of the wheels either - an offset that deep would make them stick out(I've owned five 1:1 Mk2 VWs). Like another poster said, however, it's your model...and have fun with it.

The Fujimi kit is very simplified for sure, but the body proportions are way better than the Revellogram one.

I don't have too many choices for rims. I did not like the rims that the kit came with .I looking for other rims but don't know where to look and what to look for I'm kinda stuck now . thanks for helping me re think my wheel choice

I like it alot!

Not at all knocking your build, but being into Sport Compact cars I see real cars built like this a lot - I don't understand cars built with stereo systems and air ride (show modifications) and then roll cages and performance things - the 2 don't really go togather, lol.

• 1 month later...