Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 65 Continental

Part of the custom options in this kit is a square, odd looking contraction that sits on top of the intake. Is this supposed to be a fancy air cleaner or early injection system or.............? I'd post a pic but my battery is dead in the camera. I'm hoping someone who knows the kit can help me. Thanks.

Part of the custom options in this kit is a square, odd looking contraction that sits on top of the intake. Is this supposed to be a fancy air cleaner or early injection system or.............? I'd post a pic but my battery is dead in the camera. I'm hoping someone who knows the kit can help me. Thanks.

If I recall, it's just a big ornate air cleaner- I've never seen a '60's fuel injection plenum that big and cumbersome. I think it fits over the dual carbs, but I don't recall- I usually just use the round air cleaners on that engine, or add another intake.

Skip, thanks very much, I don't have instructions for this kit. Everyone thanks very much for the help.

Actually it is kinda cool, cuz I can't remember ever seeing a Ford with a cross-ram.

Just to clarify- the MEL engine was never used in Fords, it was used in big Mercs for a few years, and in Lincolns exclusively up until 1967. Other FoMoCo's ran the FE as the biggest engine. But now that you mention it, yeah- I've never seen a big Ford V8 with a cross ram setup, either!

Just to clarify- the MEL engine was never used in Fords, it was used in big Mercs for a few years, and in Lincolns exclusively up until 1967. Other FoMoCo's ran the FE as the biggest engine. But now that you mention it, yeah- I've never seen a big Ford V8 with a cross ram setup, either!

The '58 Squarebird had the 430 as an option... :)