Model Cars Magazine Forum

OUCH!

Both of my parents have had their cars stolen on them, and it's horrible to have happen.

I do hope your truck turns up. although I doubt it'll make its way up to New England, I'll certainly keep an eye open.

Charlie Larkin

I doubt it's up in this part of the country Charlie... it would never make it past the potholes and speed bumps!

Actually, I could never understand why thieves steal things that are so unique and easy to spot in public?

Let's hope the truck was fully insured.

Thats such a nice truck. How come the theifs think they can just take what they want. My mate got his car nicked a few years back, they didnt get far tho. Ran out of fuel 2 miles down the road. Great tip. :rolleyes: hope the boy gets it back. I would say i will keep an eye out. But as im over the pond i very much doubt its here.

Actually, I could never understand why thieves steal things that are so unique and easy to spot in public?

Let's hope the truck was fully insured.

I'm sure most of them know that it would be easy to spot, so they bring it somewhere to strip it down and sell off the parts, or paint it a different color. It's worse down south, since the thieves can bring the vehicle down to Mexico and it'll never be seen again. Hope nothing of the sort has happened to this guy's truck and he gets it back.

I'm sure most of them know that it would be easy to spot, so they bring it somewhere to strip it down and sell off the parts, or paint it a different color. It's worse down south, since the thieves can bring the vehicle down to Mexico and it'll never be seen again. Hope nothing of the sort has happened to this guy's truck and he gets it back.

yea deff true mostlikely in a shop getting ripped apart just the wheels are worth about 4000 easily..i think thieves arew just stupid dont think b4 they do it kinda how they run from cops bc they never paid a parking ticket they just dont think lol

OUCH!

Both of my parents have had their cars stolen on them, and it's horrible to have happen.

I do hope your truck turns up. although I doubt it'll make its way up to New England, I'll certainly keep an eye open.

Charlie Larkin

The only time I had a car stolen, I felt sorry for the thieves. It was a Triumph Acclaim.

I live near Baytown, and work in the Houston area all over Harris County. If I see it, I'll check back in and let you know where, but I don't have much faith it'll be seen whole again. I'm sure it's been parted out, and its bits and pieces will find their way onto other trucks... I'm betting it was insured, but I bet normal (non specialty car) insurance won't want to cover the modifications. Anyway, best of luck to the owner.

• 2 weeks later...

i'll keep a look out to, but i dont think i will get up to Canada seeing as its stolen and all. One of my dads friends had his 37 dodge pickup taken right out of his drive way one night and it was a mint truck all redon, but he has since bought a new 37 dodge

Edited by metallicafan88