Model Cars Magazine Forum

1966 GTO junker

carchub

I'm back with something new! If anyone remembers anything about a '60 Starliner, forget about it!

My mother nursed a crow while I was gone mid-summer break and kept it in my room. Just so happens, living things make waste, and this particular one drops it where ever and when ever. So of course, this one decided to drop a little present right on my hood! So I've set that model aside for awhile, and built this. Trust me, it's much better.

IMG_2275.jpg

IMG_2278.jpg

IMG_2283.jpg

IMG_2280.jpg

IMG_2277.jpg

IMG_2290.jpg

IMG_2294.jpg

Not much luck with this camera, but I do have some in progress pictures (some better close ups on the interior, which I like), just tell me if you'd like to see them.

I started this one during my summer break. My grandma had a goodie bag for me and this was in it. So I built it. I think it's much better than that Starliner I had goin'. If you want clearer pictures (cause this is my most detailed model so far. and my 2nd), I can get some up.

the only thing really wrong is the grill didn't really hug the body like it should've. This is all box stock.

I remembered someone's article about tire detailing, so I used it. The one where you take a drill, bolt, two washers, and sandpaper. I've got to say, it's a whole helluva lot better than working at it with just sandpaper.

You did an excellent job with the weathering. It does a nice job of representing a car that just needs a little freshening.

Charlie Larkin

A "Little" freshening? I wish it was my car, and I was the one to have the freshening task.....Beautiful build!! The rust and wear looks very realistic! Nice old Poncho.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...