Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mustang LX coupe

I have talked with Kris about the very body pictured above. Very nice 1979-82 body, but while discussing it I was able to see some errors in this body as well. That being said, it does look very nice and fills a need for the 4eye coupes (my favorite style by the way). It is the best 1/25th coupe transkit to date, and worth the price of admission.

I haven't had the ability to get a Reliable Resin offering in my hands, but just by the pics I can see some flaws. However, for a 1/24th offering, it is the closest to correct of any of the current offerings in that scale (to date).

I seen the Morgan car on Ebay, but haven't aquired one as of yet. As for the reliable resin car I would like to see one firsthand. I haven't even tried to purchase one for myself. I know a good friend of mine bought one on Ebay over a year ago and has still not gotten it. I've read some good stuff on them and some bad, so I'll keep my money till I can put my hands on one in person. I've tried to contact them through their website, but it seems to be down or something. Anyway just love to see one in kit form on the shelf therefore I know woulde be readily available at anytime I want to build. Keep the information coming. Thanx...Ridgley

• 1 year later...

Almost a month since I posted the above with the mention about Reliable Resin. A couple days later I recieved a phone call from Don saying he was not happy with me posting this. He said my Mustang was 99.9 % complete and he was sending it out that week. Well I haven't seen it yet. On top of making excuses and lieing to me he was also rude to my wife when she tried to find out what was going on. There's no point in me calling because I'll just get another BS story and no Mustang.

Maybe he should have sent you a Mustang and not called ! This is sad for everyone , Nobody wins in the end.

Well, look for this kit to be debuted later this year, and go into production mid-2012. I talked with Ed a short while ago about it, and it will be a nitrous car at the moment. He didn't rule out a turbo option, and as soon as the local drag strip opens, I will be sending him pictures and measurements from some of the local racers to use as reference for the kit parts.

Guessing its going to be 2013 now

The aero LX coupe has to be the most cursed subject in all of modelhood. Empty promises, inaccurate blobs, drama, name calling, near-fist fights, you'll find it all in conjuction with this car.

-MJS

I believe that this is because of the popularity of the original subject matter. I think that the subject is so popular that it draws even "non-modelers".

When they see the oportunity to build a smaller version of the car they own or once owned, or wish they owned.

But maybe I am way off-base?

In any event it's interesting to note that everyone that has cast it, to date has became so busy they could not keep up with orders and became backlogged (??) eventually fell behind and ...?? (You fill in the rest!).

Almost a month since I posted the above with the mention about Reliable Resin. A couple days later I recieved a phone call from Don saying he was not happy with me posting this. He said my Mustang was 99.9 % complete and he was sending it out that week. Well I haven't seen it yet. On top of making excuses and lieing to me he was also rude to my wife when she tried to find out what was going on. There's no point in me calling because I'll just get another BS story and no Mustang.

WOW!

Think you got chewed out?

Try starting a thread about resin Mustang LX' s, include a certain resin casters product, and what you think needs to be fixed on it...then you'll know chewed out!

By the way, (sidenote): The aforementioned caster informed me, that he managed to get the powers that be at Revell to Mothball the LX Mustang project.

Is this true, or was he blowing smoke up my tail pipe? I don't know. However, I haven't seen or heard anything from Revell about it soo....

I would guess that said caster would stand to loose a substantial amount of revenue if Revell did make an LX kit, but does he have that much pull with anyone still at Revell?

Would a company like Revell, forgo a HUGE profit potential for one person?

Hey, I guess if he wants to take credit for it... I can be mad at him for it! :angry:

But... until someone produces a better one... I'll just keep making my own !

Edited by Abell82

By the way, (sidenote): The aforementioned caster informed me, that he managed to get the powers that be at Revell to Mothball the LX Mustang project.

Is this true, or was he blowing smoke up my tail pipe? I don't know. However, I haven't seen or heard anything from Revell about it soo....

I had heard from someone the LX notch project was put on the backburner, too, but I got the feeling (as in, my own personal opinion based on the little bit I heard) the project was more of a pet project to/for Ed Sexton, so maybe it didn't fit in with Revell's plans for the time being. I dunno, but I wouldn't expect to see a Mustang LX notch from Revell in 2013. Maybe someday it will make it's way out into the world like the resin Olds Cutlass body...