Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pro Street Resin Rambler

BigEdsGarage

I started this for a club contest but never finished it. Its back on the bench now though, and I am feeling ambitious. I picked up a nicely cast resin body from the NNL East show several years back. I have no idea who made it or what the company name was, but I think it was based of an old Johan kit. It fits perfectly over the chassis from one of the Looney Tunes Bugs Bunny Rambler toy that was out a while ago. It will have a stock interior with exception of the wheel tubs and I'll scratch a cage and package tray for it. The hood will open forward like a Vette's and I am tempted to graft in a Ford style teardrop scoop. The motor will be a cammer Ford that will most likely have some sort of scratch built modern style fuel injection or perhaps turbo'd. I've already made a firewall and radiator support and a Mustang GT donated the rad and electric fans. Pegasus rotors fit inside the wheels nicely. It won't be super detailed since the chassis is a one piece unit but this should be a fun project of a car you don't see too frequently. I'm envisioning black paint with a multi-toned red interior and red motor, with a bunch of satin silver/brushed aluminum detailing inside and under hood.

ed1.JPG

Very cool!!! Can't wait to see more of this one. A rambler is the next car on my 1:1 list to build. I've been really tempted by a few I saw for sale recently. Probably end up putting the motor from my camaro in it. Should be fun in a car that size. B)

• 11 months later...