Model Cars Magazine Forum

36 Ford three window ( finished)

parki

Hello there friend! Way cool fella! This is the only early iron build up ( convertible kit) that Ive completed and the only issue I had was the chassis fitting the cab, Then again I wasnt as tuned in to model building as I am now so maybe I jus over looked a few things LOL! Keep on wit the keepin on! Will build-up to be a nice looker!!

As for the headlamp question, simple i,m not planing on doing anything. Daytime driving only for this creation! :)

Good thing models don't have to clear MOT, no? :)

That '36 really looks the business with the stance you are after, and I love the work you've done on it already.

• 3 weeks later...

I've managed to start laying down some colour. The artist's acrylic I was going to use ended up being to bright. It looked like Day-Glo paint!! Though It sprayed fine through my airbrush and also dried fine. Instead I have toned it down a bit though as you can see from the pics, it's still quite bright! Still experimenting with paint, it is now sprayed with emulsion paint thinned with Windex,. Again it came out fine and I'm very pleased with the results and definitely recommend trying it. The interior and engine block is sprayed with pearlescent white artists acrylic. There's still a lot of work to do yet but getting there slowly.

P4250012-vi.jpg

P4250019-vi.jpg

P4250025-vi.jpg

P4250028-vi.jpg

P4250003-vi.jpg

P4250001-vi.jpg

Edited by parki

Nice job so far so that paint you use was easy to mixed and went on real well?

John Pol

Thanks John. B) Yeah, had a few practice runs on scrap bodys first, and once I got the hang of how it sprayed I went for it. It worked out great, no problems at all :P

Thanks John. :) Yeah, had a few practice runs on scrap bodys first, and once I got the hang of how it sprayed I went for it. It worked out great, no problems at all :)

HEY PARKI,

WHAT DO YOU CLEAR THIS WITH?

ALSO, DO YOU NEED TO USE A BIGGER TIP WHEN SPRAYING THIS, LIKE WITH THE PARMA PAINT?

I didn't clear it Thomas as I wanted a flat finish. I use an Aztec Airbrush I used the turquoise large coverage nozel at about 35 to 40 psi Ive never used parma paint so can't do a comparison, sorry.

Edited by parki

I didn't clear it Thomas as I wanted a flat finish. I use an Aztec Airbrush I used the turquoise large coverage nozel at about 35 to 40 psi Ive never used parma paint so can't do a comparison, sorry.

OH OK.

I HAVE 3 AIRBRUSHES, BUT I ONLY REALLY USED MY AZTEK AS WELL, IT SEEMS TO WORK WELL.

THE ONLY TIME I SPRAYED PARMA WAS ON AN RC BODY & IT CAME OUT LIKE STUCCO, GOOD THING YOU PAINT THEM ON THE INSIDE

DO YOU THINK THE WINDEX KEEPS IT FROM GOING ON TOO DRY?

OH OK.

I HAVE 3 AIRBRUSHES, BUT I ONLY REALLY USED MY AZTEK AS WELL, IT SEEMS TO WORK WELL.

THE ONLY TIME I SPRAYED PARMA WAS ON AN RC BODY & IT CAME OUT LIKE STUCCO, GOOD THING YOU PAINT THEM ON THE INSIDE

DO YOU THINK THE WINDEX KEEPS IT FROM GOING ON TOO DRY?

Hey there Thomas, My airbrush broke last night and think its terminal, had it apart loads of times and think its finally given up the ghost this time!? :( Can't afford another so don't know what I'm gonna do? Its one of the very first ones they did and I don't think its as robust as the newer ones.

As for the windex, I'm not 100 percent shure I'm just going off what other peaple have said. Though the emulsion paint is very very thick and needs thining quite a lot!! if you did this with just tap water it would just bead up on the body and be a real mess. The windex acts as a flow improver and as a surfactant stopping the thined paint from beading on the body. Hope this helps.

Hey there Thomas, My airbrush broke last night and think its terminal, had it apart loads of times and think its finally given up the ghost this time!? :( Can't afford another so don't know what I'm gonna do? Its one of the very first ones they did and I don't think its as robust as the newer ones.

As for the windex, I'm not 100 percent shure I'm just going off what other peaple have said. Though the emulsion paint is very very thick and needs thining quite a lot!! if you did this with just tap water it would just bead up on the body and be a real mess. The windex acts as a flow improver and as a surfactant stopping the thined paint from beading on the body. Hope this helps.

HEY ADAM,

SORRY TO HEAR YOUR TOOLS ARE DYING.

MY FIST MODEL MASTER BRUSH WAS THE GRAY W/ THE BLACK PANELS ON EACH SIDE.

IT CRAPPED OUT AFTER A YEAR OR SO, SO I CALLED TESTORS DIRECT, THINK IT WAS CUSTOMER SERVICE, & THEY SENT ME A NEW ONE FREE!!!!

YOU MIGHT WANT TO GIVE THAT A TRY & TELL THEM YOU'VE BEEN USING THEIR PRODUCT FOR EVER & WOULD IT BE POSSIBLE TO HELP YOU OUT.

ALL THEY CAN SAY IS NO, SO IT CAN'T HURT.

HEY ADAM,

SORRY TO HEAR YOUR TOOLS ARE DYING.

MY FIST MODEL MASTER BRUSH WAS THE GRAY W/ THE BLACK PANELS ON EACH SIDE.

IT CRAPPED OUT AFTER A YEAR OR SO, SO I CALLED TESTORS DIRECT, THINK IT WAS CUSTOMER SERVICE, & THEY SENT ME A NEW ONE FREE!!!!

YOU MIGHT WANT TO GIVE THAT A TRY & TELL THEM YOU'VE BEEN USING THEIR PRODUCT FOR EVER & WOULD IT BE POSSIBLE TO HELP YOU OUT.

ALL THEY CAN SAY IS NO, SO IT CAN'T HURT.

Really!?! Thats the one i'm using. the first one they released. I don't have any reciepts or anything though. moved that many times I lost it. I'll email them. worth a shot i guess, Thanks.

Really!?! Thats the one i'm using. the first one they released. I don't have any reciepts or anything though. moved that many times I lost it. I'll email them. worth a shot i guess, Thanks.

NO PROBLEM.

MINE BROKE BEFORE I LEARNED HOW TO USE THE COMPUTER,

YOU MAY WANT TO CALL THEM AS WELL, SOMETIMES A VOICE GETS MORE THAN AN EMAIL

NO PROBLEM.

MINE BROKE BEFORE I LEARNED HOW TO USE THE COMPUTER,

YOU MAY WANT TO CALL THEM AS WELL, SOMETIMES A VOICE GETS MORE THAN AN EMAIL

I will try to call them, aye. Not sure how much it will cost from the U.K mind, LOL B) Thanks again.