Model Cars Magazine Forum

Challenger T/A & Corvette '67

Hairy Dude

This is a car that i really love, for me, it's a symbol of car's. It's my beast. Until i can't own the real one, i have to own it as a model.

I painted it metallic blue, needs one more coat and then lacquer, got these wheels from Japan and they fit so good in my opinion so those will stay!

Engine is 426 HEMI with SIX-PAK carburetor or with weber carburetor's, havent decided yet. I didnt like the front lip which was in 2 pieces so i glued a bigger piece of plastic on them, now it looks perfect to me. In future, i will get a Cuda, so i could have 2 brothers sitting side by side.

DSC00185.jpg

DSC00184.jpg

Richard.

Edited by Hairy Dude

• 5 months later...

DSC00086-1.jpg

DSC00098.jpg

DSC00102-1.jpg

DSC00101.jpg

Got inspiration and started on it again, body went through brake fluid, got new rims for it ( Cragar S/S with some Goodyear tires )

Today, i finished the interior, it's modificated for racing. I tried some techniques for making a real welding but they got too big, now i know how to make good welds...

DSC00103-1.jpg

DSC00104.jpg

I am not going to reveal the body color yet but it's going to be something beautiful ( atleast for me B):D:D )

Bye,

Richard.

DSC00101.jpg

if you do decide no to fix the suspension so the wheels wil sit in there normal you should really consider building a model of a monstertruck to park on top of that...its the only way i can see this camber looking good

having said that...its your build and you should build it however you want to

I need help guys, i want to do the legendery 426 HEMI detailed but i dont know alot about engines, especially about HEMI's...

DSC00110-1.jpg

...plugs or pipes connect into those things ive show'n with red arrows? and where do they go? I know they go somewhere underneath the air filter but i've never seen a hemi with my own eye and i think ive never seen a picture without air filter too...

I can say that i hate wiring V8's :lol:

DSC00110.jpg

This picture show's the color of wheel centre's so good...

DSC00108.jpg

Just a bad picture.

DSC00111.jpg

Sorry if my english isn't the best, not from a countrey where we speak english :D

Bye,

Richard.

Edited by Hairy Dude

C'mon Tim, you know the spring perches will rust right through the trunk floor before the rear will camber like that! (Hey, I own some Mopars, and sadly this isn't a joke! :lol: )

In all honesty, I like the BBS look better than the earlier style wheels.