Model Cars Magazine Forum

'68 Hemi Dart Super Stock

W-409

Thanks, Scott!

I'm glad to hear that my thread has inspired you. This is great kit and turns out very nice. It's very fun to build too, I didn't find any bigger fit issues from this kit.

I have to ask...how did you go the burnt rubber?

I took one spare tire from my parts box. (The one you would never use). I installed the tire to the Motor Tool, there are many different ways to do this. One way is to drill a hole in spare wheel and install the wheel and tire combination to that motor tool with a screw. The way that I used for this, was to find some kind of round sanding tool what fits to Dremel and inside the tire. Then I just did a "Burnout" with that Dremel + Tire combination on piece of sheet metal, saved the burnt rubber and glued it to Dart with some clear by Revell.

Hope this helps, I'll post pictures if this wasn't clear enough. (My bad english....)

And thanks Brett! I'm very happy about this one too. One of my favorite Mopar Super Stockers. It's great to have one in the display case now. :D

Scott: Thanks, I'm glad you understood what I tried to say... :lol:

Chris: Thanks! I've noticed that many people like that Burnt rubber, I like it too. Well I must put it for the '70 Torino Stocker too. ;) I started a thread about '69 Chrysler 300 with Blown Hemi to On The Worbench. Yep, it'll be street car.

And I'm working on the '62 Catalina Super Stocker too, just painted the body today... Also I'll keep building the Torino Stocker.

Thanks, Matti! B) You're probably one the only persons in this forum, who have seen this (or will see this) in person. ;)

[Well, some year I HAVE to visit in Model Car Show in the States, but first I have to learn how to talk english so everyone understands what I'm trying to say. And now I mean maybe about 5 or 10 years.]