Model Cars Magazine Forum

'68 Hemi Dart Super Stock

W-409

Thanx, Corey and Tom! The Mine is already planned for another project, so it will not take place on the Hemi Dart. :lol:

Starting the brake lines. That Connector part (Whatever is it), is made from rubber pipe, and brake lines are metal. I'm not done with them yet, but I'm working slowly.... :D

P8050363.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Here are few pics of the Dart with windows installed and body is painted from Underside with Flat Black. Took these pictures last week's Friday, but now I finally have some time to post them here. Progress has been very slow now, but I hope I can get some bench time this weekend.

P8170211.jpg

P8170209.jpg

P8170210.jpg

P8170207.jpg

Thanks For the comments, Randy and Fred! It sure means alot and keeps me going. :D

No time for Modeling today, I was building my 1:1 Ride (Not a car though, it's a Moped). I had to take whole engine apart. Not the easiest thing, I've never done anything that big on Two Stroke engine, especially the transmission was quite difficult. Assembling it together wasn't too easy either. And it's still not working, hopefully I can get it fixed tomorrow, and then continue the Hemi Dart build.

But if I can make more progress with the Dart, I'll post more pics. ;)

Thanks, Bill. It's coming along slowly, but luckily it looks good.

Not much done, something though. I'm testing a bit now-this picture is taken with my cell phone, since I don't have the camera right now. So don't feel too bad if this picture is not top quality, but it's the best I could do.

Firewall is installed. Brake Master Cylinder is glued too and part of that throttle linkage comes through firewall now. It will be connected to the engine later.

I'm planning to get this finished this week, interior should be glued to body very soon.

31082012209.jpg

Thanx Darryl!

More work, yesterday's update:

I installed the interior inside the body. It fitted fine. Also engine is glued to chassis. That wasn't so simple, but luckily glue what was strong enough managed to keep those parts on place.

2012-09-04-0744.jpg

2012-09-04-072.jpg

2012-09-04-071.jpg

2012-09-04-0824.jpg

2012-09-04-.jpg

Today I glued the chassis to body too. No fit issues found. I installed few details on the engine bay, too, but it's still in rough stages. Now there are only little things left, let's see if this gets finished tomorrow.

All of these pics are again taken by Cell Phone, but I try to borrow a Camera tomorrow, if I get this finished.

2012-09-05-086.jpg

2012-09-05-084.jpg

2012-09-05-087.jpg

2012-09-05-088.jpg

2012-09-05-092.jpg

Thanks, Ken and Tyrone!

This "needs" to be finished today, because tomorrow we have a Model Car Show here in Finland. I'm trying to get this thing done for that show.

I have done some little things on the engine bay (still lot more to do) and yesterday I installed the grille and front bumber too. Time to get rest of the parts and details installed and then this one is ready to go. B)

Here are some pictures with a good camera.

Kuva003.jpg

Kuva004.jpg

Kuva005.jpg

Kuva007.jpg

Kuva008.jpg

Thanks Tyrone! That's true, my skills have been improved a lot in last year or two, I'm really happy about it. I really hope that I keep getting better and better and I wish that some day I'm in your level. ;)

Thanks, Carl! I'm happy about the paint too. To me it's very important thing, because paint job is maybe one of the things that can be seen well. Polishing kit is a friend.

And thanks Roger! I was bit unsure about the Power Brake Booster. I know that nowadays these cars don't have them, but I wasn't sure about how things were "Back In The Day". Well, next one better I guess. :D

Now I can tell you that Hemi Dart is Finished, just in time for tomorrow's Model Car Show. I will post some pictures of completed model tomorrow, not it's so late that it's dark outside and I can't take pics.

Thanks so much, Bill, John and Chris! It really means a lot when coming from Master builders like you all.

Okay, here are the pictures of finished model. It turned out better than I thought, but it's not as good as the Nova, I think. Well, most important is, that I'm very happy about it and feels good to get something done.

P9080374.jpg

P9080375.jpg

P9080376.jpg

P9080378.jpg

P9080380.jpg

Few More:

P9080383.jpg

P9080384.jpg

P9080387.jpg

P9080388.jpg

P9080385.jpg