Model Cars Magazine Forum

resin 74 monaco??

Sorry, didn't realise this was 1:25 only. I made it 1:32 because that's a popular slot car scale, there definitely isn't one already available!

The benefit of doing models as I've done a few of mine, is that the master can be printed at any scale (although too big like 1:10 might show a lack of detail) then a mold taken from it.

its not but most people here build in 1/25 scale

Are you going to make this in 1/25th scale?, I really really really, and I mean really want a few of these, but only in 25th scale

I don't know, what's the price charged for a resin bodyshell and vacformed windows in 1:25? With the cost of printing a new master I'm not sure it would be worthwhile

If you make them, they (customers) will come.

I, too, am a 'scale bigot.' I'd love to have a couple, but only 1/25 will do.

B) - { }

They will come, we can all build the Bluesmobile if he makes in 1/25 scale :lol: , I am scale bigot just like Dan, and will not buy anything in 1/32 scale.

As long as you dont price them way to high

I've just been through the costs of producing some in 1:25 scale, can you give me some idea of the price charged for a 1:25 bodyshell and vacform windows?

Primer on

IMAG0666.jpg

I've painted the front and rear silver to get the bumpers and radiator done, then masked them off to put the white and black on

IMAG0668.jpg

White paint on, the wait for it to harden is always longer than you want! Masking the doors and roof next, then black paint

IMAG0675.jpg

I don't know, what's the price charged for a resin bodyshell and vacformed windows in 1:25? With the cost of printing a new master I'm not sure it would be worthwhile

if you can get the shell just the shell(glass is easy to make most builders will make their own) should be 30-35 bucks or you can sell the master for whatever price you deem fair to another caster that was my intention of buying a 3d printer and or making my own molds from my own masters.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll see if I can cover my costs with the 1:32 version first and go from there. The vacform interior is done and the resin figure heads will be ready next week, I'll post updates when the model looks better.

Thanks for the link, but my cars aren't die-casts so I'm not sure if it's worth showing!

I'll see if I can cover my costs with the 1:32 version first and go from there. The vacform interior is done and the resin figure heads will be ready next week, I'll post updates when the model looks better.

Thanks for the link, but my cars aren't die-casts so I'm not sure if it's worth showing!

It is worth a shot, there are a lot of model builders on that forum , if you want I can post the pics for you, I am member on there

• 2 weeks later...

Love it!

If You are a serious guy, wishing to make a shell(maybe with seperate grill, bumpers, and lights, just dreaming)in 1/25. I would prepay You for a couple of castings.

On the other hand. How much would it cost to print one master in 1/25 scale? Asking, as You might be able to find a market for decent DAK drafts alone.

Then maybe some other casters would take the cost of making a 1/25 master. Just a thought.

OHH!

A nice casting, with seperate parts, as mentioned over, and maybe just a plain interiorbucket(to be detailed by builder) could do 70 bucks at least. If quality on the casting are top notch, and if there are windows done as well, You could probably add 20, as the subject is unique. I dare too say so, because I know that in few years, DAK drawing, 3D scanning, and printing, will allow for a lot more unique bodies, and the printtingtechnics will be cheaper, and thereby the masters way cheaper. If You decide to go into this market, do it while You are one of very few, and be established, before there are several with the same possibillities.

Edited by Bugace

....believe me it's worth doing a 1/25 he gladly would buy a few...

• 2 weeks later...