Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

junkyard nova II

wreckless666

ive had this kit for years. it was one of the last kits ive built when i was about 12. with in the past 6 months i got back into model building after not doing for about 8 years. i believe its the amt 66 nova pro street.after digging it out and most of the parts missing i decided to turn into a junker.the original paint underneath is a two tone black and yellow. i painted the white rear panel to look like it was replaced and added the sophisticated finishes two part metallic surfacer and rusting solution. it also has a torn headliner

post-7404-0-44675600-1293906885_thumb.jp

post-7404-0-82156300-1293906898_thumb.jp

post-7404-0-56633300-1293906917_thumb.jp

post-7404-0-47833900-1293906934_thumb.jp

Great build! To my eyes, it resembles one of those stolen cars that the cops occasionally find ditched in lakes and rivers (i.e., rusted and water logged)

Convincing wreck/junkyard/derelict models are some of the hardest to build because of all the detail that is required but they are also the most rewarding because the person building them has to rely on his/her imagination and innovation.

I've built a few but honestly, none of mine are nearly as good as this model or many others that I see on this site.

I tip my hat to you :lol:

Great build! To my eyes, it resembles one of those stolen cars that the cops occasionally find ditched in lakes and rivers (i.e., rusted and water logged)

Convincing wreck/junkyard/derelict models are some of the hardest to build because of all the detail that is required but they are also the most rewarding because the person building them has to rely on his/her imagination and innovation.

I've built a few but honestly, none of mine are nearly as good as this model or many others that I see on this site.

I tip my hat to you :lol:

thank you sir. it feels to good to hear these things from you guys. i built models alot as a kid but ive never gotten into the way i am now. this was the second model i built since i was about 12 or 13 and im 20 now. this was also the first junker i built :blink: