Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/8 outlaw 10.5 '82 camaro

comp1839

I'm a little behind here seeing this build ... simply fantastic craftsmanship and attention to detail!

I had to sigh a bit seeing the chassis painted. Don't know why I get like this when I see a brass frame covered up. Does this happen to builders after all that work?

Dave, still enjoying every minute of this. :)

Showed the thread/build to my nephew last night, he's very much a drag racing nut and crews for one of our Aussie Top Doorslammer guys. (Pro Mod equivalent)

Had a hard time getting a squeak outta him.....totally speechless. :rolleyes: And also VERY impressed, as I am.

May I ask the source of the renshape.?? I can't find any thing remotely close down here in Aus. :)

Cheers

Greg

Dave, still enjoying every minute of this. :o

Showed the thread/build to my nephew last night, he's very much a drag racing nut and crews for one of our Aussie Top Doorslammer guys. (Pro Mod equivalent)

Had a hard time getting a squeak outta him.....totally speechless. :lol: And also VERY impressed, as I am.

May I ask the source of the renshape.?? I can't find any thing remotely close down here in Aus. :lol:

Cheers

Greg

Dave,

I really enjoy how things come together, and the assembly start, frame looks great with paint, and all those aluminium parts hanging off it, look forward to another update

Stump,

renshape is available in Aust, try here My link (WA) or here My link (QLD)

but the biggest selection of the stuff comes from here My link (NSW)

The stuff isn't cheap, the best thing to do is find someone using it, and ask for the off cuts, if you want to try some I can send you a bit to carve/ play with it is really good stuff

Posted 20 March 2011 - 11:29 PM by comp1839

stump, watch ebay. i know everyone calls it evilbay or some other name but, that's where i scored mine. i got 2)4"x40"x60" sheets for about half price. and he even delivered it (since i was close).

Cheers Dave. :rolleyes:

More seriously great work too.......AWESOME mate.!

• 4 weeks later...

i was getting a little burned out on the top alcohol dragster so, i decided to take a break and do a door car. this will be an outlaw 10.5 car. not an upper rung car. something a little more in the lower tiers. based on an '82 camaro the car will be an all tube chassis, frt. struts and p/m style four link w/ a wishbone, M/W 11" rear, bruno/ lenco trans., 737" bbc w/ 2 stages of nitrous. american racing wheels frt. and rr. w/ hoosier 24.0/5.0-15 front tires and 33.5/10.5-16 outlaw rear tires. here's where it's gotten to so far.

conception:Amazingly beautiful!!

001-2.jpg

rear susp.:

front susp.:

motor:

car at ride height:

054.jpg

please keep in mind that other than the plastic kit body and the center section of the M/W rear(TDR) this is entirely scratch built.

hope you enjoy.

Amazingly beautiful

• 2 weeks later...