Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Nova non-SS 6 cylinder

roadhawg

• 4 months later...

Excellent Build, But that grill is the 70-72 Style pattern, Not the 68-69 Style. I noticed that when I opened the new COPO Nova, I hope these grills are still available, As I have plans to make a couple 70-72 base models out of those new kits. Great Build, My 79 I owned when I was 16 had the 250 inline 6 in it , Untill my brother and I put a Buick 350 in it out of a 70 LeSabre , That car was a blast. :)

Thanks again, Y'all.

Excellent Build, But that grill is the 70-72 Style pattern, Not the 68-69 Style....

You know, I wasn't even aware of that! Thanks for pointing that out, I need to pay more attention, but then again, some things might be above my skill level to fix. I want to build a model of my first brand new car, a '72 Nova SS, using this kit, and was trying to think of a way to fix the parking lights, but I might just have to live with it.

Any photos of the 8 track?

Only pic is during the build....its just a few pieces of styrene glued together.....

IMG_0825.jpg

I had a 72 Nova and really liked it. Six banger, automatic. But it handled like a dream.

Nice job on the model, I like it.

Thanks again, Y'all.

You know, I wasn't even aware of that! Thanks for pointing that out, I need to pay more attention, but then again, some things might be above my skill level to fix. I want to build a model of my first brand new car, a '72 Nova SS, using this kit, and was trying to think of a way to fix the parking lights, but I might just have to live with it.

Only pic is during the build....its just a few pieces of styrene glued together.....

IMG_0825.jpg

I'll bet you do have the skill levels to fix those parking lights! Would the front bumper from the old AMT/Ertl kit work? If they are both correctly sized, it has the 70-72 stlye parking lights, so maybe you could cut the grille section off and just use that bumper? Just a thought. I know I have one around somewhere, I'll have to find it and see if it would work...

Thanks once again, everybody. :blink:

I'll bet you do have the skill levels to fix those parking lights! Would the front bumper from the old AMT/Ertl kit work? If they are both correctly sized, it has the 70-72 stlye parking lights, so maybe you could cut the grille section off and just use that bumper? Just a thought. I know I have one around somewhere, I'll have to find it and see if it would work...

Thanks!!! Thats a good idea. I looked at that AMT/Ertl bumper briefly and the lights in it appeared to be about the same size as the Revell '69....but then again, I didn't measure it, I just glanced at it. I'll check it more closely when I get home.

"I need to pay more attention, but then again, some things might be above my skill level to fix."

I serious doubt that :lol: Hey Tommy, been awhile.....

Robert

Robert, where in the world have ya been? Good to see ya again! I miss coming by your shop. Hope all is going good for ya!