Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Nova non-SS 6 cylinder

roadhawg

This was the third car I ever owned....a 1969 Nova with a 230 6 cylinder/Powerglide combo. This car was as plain as they come, except for a black vinyl top....it didn't even have carpet, just a rubber floor mat. I had big plans for this car....I was thinking big block 4 speed, but being a kid fresh out of high school, my ambitions were much bigger than my finances. I did manage to get some Rally wheels and Goodyear tires on it...and the requisite 8 track tape deck, but thats about as far as I got.

This is built from the excellent Revell SS kit. I removed the fender gills, as my car didn't have the optional decor package. The grill, hood, and bench seat came from Missing Link. The engine is from a Trumpeter '63 Nova, and the Powerglide came from M.A.D.

Paint is Cortez Silver and the vinyl top is 3M masking tape. I scratchbuilt an 8-track for under the dash.

Since my car was a driver, I decided to weather the chassis and engine.

I had a lot of fun in this car, even if it WAS a 6 banger....spent a lot of weekend nights cruising Athens GA. I ended up trading it for my first BRAND NEW car, a '72 Nova SS350......hmmm, do I sense another upcoming model project?

IMG_0922.jpg

IMG_0928.jpg

IMG_0927.jpg

IMG_0918.jpg

IMG_0846-1.jpg

nice plans you had, yo know, i always wanted a turbo car, since i learned to drive when i was 15 , but didnt have money, so when my father bougt me my corolla, i barely did any modificcation to it, cause of the money, but when i finished my studies, found a job, and spent 1 entire year gettin the parts togheter and i manage to do it, i have my wagon about 10 years now, and 2 and a half years turbo, you just gotta takes thing easy, take care

Very cool !! My mom had a 71 4dr with the 250 six cyl. and rubber mats too. At the same time I had a 71 Rally Nova. Mulsanne blue with the black side stripes, 350 2bbl with chrome reverse. I eventually put Western 5 spokes on it. I had it over 20 yrs. and had to sell it. MAN I miss it. I have several of the amt and revell kits to replicate every stage that car went through ! Decals and all. ;)

Really nice looking build.the work on the kit is realisic to the car.I've owned many nova's and work on more then I can remember.you did great on this one.and like others have said the attention to the detail and the weathering is hard to argue with...great job.thanks,Chris

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. Three of us from Canton, huh? Wow...small world. Actually, I'm not FROM Canton, I've just lived here for the last 6 years. I actually grew up over in Athens. Nick, don't hold your breath on the '72, it'll be awhile....I got a few more projects to get done first! :D

This was the third car I ever owned....a 1969 Nova with a 230 6 cylinder/Powerglide combo. This car was as plain as they come, except for a black vinyl top....it didn't even have carpet, just a rubber floor mat. I had big plans for this car....I was thinking big block 4 speed, but being a kid fresh out of high school, my ambitions were much bigger than my finances. I did manage to get some Rally wheels and Goodyear tires on it...and the requisite 8 track tape deck, but thats about as far as I got.

This is built from the excellent Revell SS kit. I removed the fender gills, as my car didn't have the optional decor package. The grill, hood, and bench seat came from Missing Link. The engine is from a Trumpeter '63 Nova, and the Powerglide came from M.A.D.

Paint is Cortez Silver and the vinyl top is 3M masking tape. I scratchbuilt an 8-track for under the dash.

Since my car was a driver, I decided to weather the chassis and engine.

I had a lot of fun in this car, even if it WAS a 6 banger....spent a lot of weekend nights cruising Athens GA. I ended up trading it for my first BRAND NEW car, a '72 Nova SS350......hmmm, do I sense another upcoming model project?

IMG_0922.jpg

IMG_0928.jpg

IMG_0927.jpg

IMG_0918.jpg

IMG_0846-1.jpg

when your tired of lookin at super sports this is the one to look at looks great!!!!!! :D

Real nice Nova! I like it. That color is just perfect and I like the paintjob too. Vinyl top is something too rare on the scale big pluspoint on that. I like the 6 cylinder engine on it, this is basic Nova. Nice weathering on it, chassis looks very realistic as the engine. I'm building the same kit, but it'll be E/Stock Drag Racer. Nice work with this. :angry: