Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 1968 camaro z28 - Project yardsale

Jamez

I bought this kit at a yard sale a while ago., was missing the mirrors, steering linkage, rims and tires and had the trunk and doors cut out with outward opening hinges.

This was the first time I have ever dealt with opening doors, honestly I can't say I think it is worth the effort, but maybe that will change in time. I built new hinges so the doors opened inward as they should made the steering "pose-able" seeing as the linkage was missing from the kit anyway, lowered the stance a bit, stole some wheels and tires off of an old x-mod I had laying around, and ended up with the following...

Enjoy, and please, any and all feedback is welcome.

SHARE.jpg

SHARE6.jpg

SHARE2.jpg

SHARE3.jpg

SHARE4.jpg

Thanks to everyone ho offered up help and suggestions on this one, I got discouraged may times, and without you all, It would still be in pieces stached in the box.

Now I need to get this new camera sorted out so I can stop over exposing everything....

Edited by Jamez

I just went over your WIP thread. You do some very good work. The cleanliness of the build is excellent, and the paint is awesome. I don't care for the X-Mod tires, they look too thin. Unrealisticly so.

I agree, great work but the tires are so ridiculously thin it looks like its sitting on the rims.