Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

55 Ford F150

Lownslow

You gonna go for the chopped and slammed look?

I am toying with entering that contest too, seems like if enough builders enter, maybe it will become a regular thing or maybe some of the other shows on TV will take notice!

Can't wait to see this one painted!

Awesome project! I'll follow this one for sure!

One question though, would it be better to start with a '56 for the correct cab/windshield or are you going more for the feel of the truck than the actual truck? Either way, this one should be good.

My first thought....those posts just stick out, and I suspect the judges might know the original truck as that paint is well known....I think you can pull off that taping though...I would love to see it B);)B)

Lownslow-

I'm glad to see that you are building this truck. I'm also happy to hear that you are entering the contest. My buddy is entering and wanting me to also. Unfortunately I don't have the time. I have one question. Have you been able to locate those wheels? I need a set like that for my 50 Ford. I know someone makes them, but I don't know who. Any info would be great and I'll be watching this build.

Later-

• 3 months later...

Lownslow-

I'm glad to see that you are building this truck. I'm also happy to hear that you are entering the contest. My buddy is entering and wanting me to also. Unfortunately I don't have the time. I have one question. Have you been able to locate those wheels? I need a set like that for my 50 Ford. I know someone makes them, but I don't know who. Any info would be great and I'll be watching this build.

Later-

i planned on using the 58 t bird wheels but since i missed the deadline i decided to go my own way with it im still keeping the same paintjob in mind.

pulled this out of the box i knew in a way i wasnt gonna make the deadline when i moved to florida i figured id get back to it asap when i came here but with my room a wreck it would take a while and i lacked the motivation to get it done. but now its back. should i think the b pillar on it its kinda fat for a chop top.

MNZty.jpg

OMFwh.jpg

GvJ35.jpg

nice to see this one back on the bench. interested to see it done.

all the work done to it looks fantastic.

only one thing doesnt look right. when looking at the front window, the top part of the roof looks "taller" compared to the drawing. is it just the angle of the pic, or the way they made the kit??

The pic looks like the cowls been built up a little in the middle of the screen area (where the wipers are on the model) giving it more of a more chopped than what is look. I think :angry:.

Low, body works looking great man, keep it up, will be watching your progress on this

nice to see this one back on the bench. interested to see it done.

all the work done to it looks fantastic.

only one thing doesnt look right. when looking at the front window, the top part of the roof looks "taller" compared to the drawing. is it just the angle of the pic, or the way they made the kit??

drawing? thats a 1:1 truck lol just a really good photo of it. its a different year than mine the one in the pic is a 56

Great looking build so far. I will be looking forward to seeing how the front wheel well changes look on the finished project.

I'm liking the wide-white-walls much more than the narrow ones. I like the wheels with the wide-white-walls, too.

Just my humble opinion.

Keep it up.

• 2 weeks later...

This is looking great! I've got one of these I'm working on right now too, and I've got to tell you, I think I'm going to have to move the front wheel openings forward on mine, too. Looks way better, matching the rears like that. Nice work.

The new rims look good too, what did you paint the white walls with?

This is looking great! I've got one of these I'm working on right now too, and I've got to tell you, I think I'm going to have to move the front wheel openings forward on mine, too. Looks way better, matching the rears like that. Nice work.

The new rims look good too, what did you paint the white walls with?

i used tamiya semigloss white the wheels are technically for show i have some 62 impala ones for it

Love the front wheelwells...Foose did that and I think it makes a major statement...rear pan is bitch*n....keep it up :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Where in FL are you now??

thanks, i was in tampa but i moved back to chicago in may, i got extremely homesick i love it here too much to really venture out anywhere