Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Engine half's glued together . . .

. . . under glass forum, heck ! just driving around. There's just too many ideas floating around. I don't know about you, but I can't keep up with all the ideas in my head. Seems I just get a good start on a build and I think up some new great idea .So here on my bench are several started builds and new ones on the way.

Yea, I'm with you on this. I find I get distracted from my current projects real easy. I started a Monogram Slingshot while waiting for my Black Widow to arrive, stopped that to start the Black Widow, then got interested in finishing a stalled project, and theres a CBP on another forum I'd like to join.....yikes! I think I spend too much time online and not enough at the bench.

Engines are usually what stalls my projects! I get bored or frustrated detailing the engines and end up starting another kit to get away from it for a while. Just recently,I was working on the engine for my '66 Impala when I looked at a '65 GTO and wondered how hard it would be to put hardtop on? Then I got an idea for a cool set of wheels for it. Then the interior and color ideas came. :blink: Now it sets waiting for clear,foil and assembly. I glued the hood shut so that I wouldn't have to detail the engine. It's going to be finished before my '66 Impala,maybe....

off the top of my head

69 dayclona - working on

74 GTX - working on

deora hunting camper dio - working on

VW bug converted to front engine RWD pickup - no excuse

37 ford hotrod - no excuse

corvette concept - stuck on interior color

daf 95 SSC - messed up the paint, put back in the box

8 car trailer for the daf - put away with tractor

75 dart - waiting on resin parts

L-700 - forgot to paint small parts - stalled

chevy belair - its a chevy, i just dont care to build it

56 ford victoria - messep up the paint and melted the body in the pond

im sure there is more but it seems i have a much larger group of models UNDER the workbench then ON it :D

Engines are usually what stalls my projects! I get bored or frustrated detailing the engines and end up starting another kit to get away from it for a while. Just recently,I was working on the engine for my '66 Impala when I looked at a '65 GTO and wondered how hard it would be to put hardtop on? Then I got an idea for a cool set of wheels for it. Then the interior and color ideas came. :) Now it sets waiting for clear,foil and assembly. I glued the hood shut so that I wouldn't have to detail the engine. It's going to be finished before my '66 Impala,maybe....

Everybody has their own building style and there is nothing wrong with curbside builds but my favorite part of a model to build is the engine.

oldscool the lonesome polecat