Model Cars Magazine Forum

Your all time top favorite model?

What is your all time single favorite model kit? The one you would build over and over no matter how many times it's reissued or you how many you build.

Example; you can't pick the Kurtis Midget Racer because there are two of them. You would have to pick with either the Offy engine or with the other engine.

Edited by ra7c7er

Can't even explaine it in any sorta reasonable terms.

Johan Mercedes 500K roadster. :)

It's not even that great of a model. It's got so much potential but yet falls down in so many places.

It's a beautiful car which helps, but the kit has defeated me 3 times in thirty years.

i would have to go with the AMT 74 GTX

the first time i bought the kit i only got it because it was on sale for 7 bucks or so

i was very impressed when i opened the box and found not just a stock GTX but also a nice set of speedline rims, a superbird wing, the most chrome dress up parts i have ever seen on a kit engine and my all time favorite street tires (cosindering M/T sportsmans a pro tire)

i have one build and one building but i wouldnt hesitate to build a case of them, if the price was right

the one that is done

IMG00097-20090809-0849.jpg

(some of the engine chrome)

IMG00099-20090809-0851.jpg

the one thats in progress

utf-8BSU1HMDAxMTAtMjAxMTAxMTUtMTc0MC5qcGc.jpg

Can't even explaine it in any sorta reasonable terms.

Johan Mercedes 500K roadster. :)

It's not even that great of a model. It's got so much potential but yet falls down in so many places.

It's a beautiful car which helps, but the kit has defeated me 3 times in thirty years.

I knew someone eventually was going to say a kit that kicks their @$$. Kind of like your personal Eleanor. I have one of those too and it is one of my favorite kits.

I've built 4 of the Gunze-Sangyo '56 Beetles already, and I have another couple of variations in the works based on them; even though it's a curbside, that one is high on my list for sure.

All except the green one are Gunzes; that one uses a resin-cast rear window section copied from a Gunze, howeverDSCN6626_edited-vi.jpg

Any of the Revell '69 Camaros and '32 Fords are right up there on my list as well IMO.

Edited by VW Dave

amt 70 pro street superbee...when walmart had them in the checkerboard boxes for 4.99 i bought 12 of them in one day from 2 different walmarts

9-26-06022.jpg

Awesome kit, yeah i miss those days when wally world had the 5.00 kits. Man I wish they would bring back models. I mean they even have stuff for cross sticthing now and beads for jewerly making but they cant bring back even a few dozen kits. Doesnt make sense. In 2005 I worked a block away from a walmart and every lunch hour payday would go pick up 2-3 kits every week. Man the good old days... :)

Edited by Darren B

I could go for another Super 7...

That would make it what?..... about 35 of those things you have built so far? :(B):lol: Of course I have built around 280 Maserati Birdcages! ;) Who's crazier?

I have built 5 of the Tamiya Mini so far with about another 10 planned!! That wouldn't be my all time favorite however. I don't really know what I could call my all time favorite since I kit bash so heavily when I do build. I guess I would say AMT trophy kits like the double dragster, and Model T and then some of their late 60s early 70s kits like the Meyer's Manx, Superbug Gasser, Meyer's Tow'd, Funny Vega and Funny Gremlin. I also love the Jo-Han Mickey Thompson Mustang and Pinto and Rambunctious Challenger. Also IMC VW Beetle, Fiberfab Avenger, and Little Red Wagon.

Well, not one kit but many. It's the best I can do! Oh what the H>LL! I will commit to one favorite - The AMT Trophy series Model T double kit. I still have to pick up the new release.

bigslicks003-vi.jpg