Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ted Musgrave 2002 Kenwood/Sirius CHROME Dodge Intrepid

Billy Kingsley

My latest completion. First time I've really completed anything since October, before Toledo...Feels good to be back in the swing of things!

Anyway, about the build. I had Robert at Chrome-Tech USA plate the body for me...I had never had anything plated before so I was taking a little bit of a risk having this done....but I am glad I did. Robert has a customer for life!

Other then that, it's built standard box-stock. The decals were 3 Amigos and unfortunatly they cracked in a few places, Most notably the roof number. That was a bummer, especially since I don't have any paint that would not make it look worse if a touchup was attempted.

I was a little worried that the decals would not stick to the chrome plated body, but Robert assured me they would and boy, he wasn't kidding! I think the decals actually adhered to the chrome body better then a painted body.

One "adjustment" I did make was that I didn't use the 3 Amigos contingencys. The set for the left side shattered into about 8 pieces so I discarted them and placed each seperate contingincy seperatly, using contingencys from the JWTBM 2004 Contingency sheet. That took about 4 hours to do...Tedious, but well worth it.

This is the first Ted Musgrave car I've completed....I've been a big fan of Ted's since 1994 and have plans to eventually build all his Cup cars...I ended up starting with the last one!

The car is incredibly, incredibly hard to keep clean. It picks up fingerprints even if you've just finished washing your hands. I spend more time removing fingerprints then anything else with it!

It also does not photograph well. It's one you literally have to see to believe. It'll be at the NNL East, this was my Secret Project that I talked about, but never really tried to keep secret. Well...One of them anyway :twisted:

Enjoy the pics!

2007March20th001-vi.jpg

2007March20th002-vi.jpg

2007March20th5-vi.jpg

2007March20th021-vi.jpg

2007March20th006-vi.jpg

2007March20th007-vi.jpg

2007March20th008-vi.jpg