Model Cars Magazine Forum

Some of my built R&R stuff.

When I saw Steve's sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet '70 Chrysler model last night, and realized it was an R&R kit, that made seeing the end result seem even more remarkable. :D

Maybe I'm a glutton for punishment, or maybe the subject matter trumps the quality, but I've had quite a bit of fun making R&R kits just a bit less craptastic.

This is my '57 International A-100 (R&R lists it as a '56), built as a kind of beater hot rod shop truck...

IMG_44001-vi.jpg

IMG_44071-vi.jpg

This is the same kit, started by another modeler and finished by me. It was an older casting, and was a bit less rough quality wise, and it's been slightly modified. :P

IMG_61741-vi.jpg

This is an older '67 Ford Galaxie... casting quality was okay, but there was a LOT of hacking and chopping involved to get everything to fit!

8955EA15-vi.jpg

This is R&R's '72 Ford pickup, built as an old beater farm truck (I've since replaced the terrible hood side badges with foil copied badges from a Ford C-600)-

IMG_59661-vi.jpg

IMG_59671-vi.jpg

And, perhaps my favorite, the '38 International COE cab (formerly done by SJS). Again, castings were okay, but lots of trimming was needed.

IMG_58961-vi.jpg

The ONLY R&R kit i ever had problems with was his 53 Mercury. THAT is a misshapen pile of POOOOP BUT all the other kits i have (which are quite a few) WERE very workable, but in NO WAY in the class of the newer casters. Ray's too tired to update anything, so be WARNED that his kits ARE buildable, BUT NOT without some work. I STILL enjoy his off the wall stuff though.;) ;) ;) ;)