Model Cars Magazine Forum

Terraplane Grille in Resin

49 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy one in 1:25?

Hey! Hey! Heeeee-eeeeee..... just had one of those... uh... what to you call it when you get a headache with pictures? Oh, yeah! A thought!

How cool would one of these look on a hoodless hot rod in front of an engine pirated from one of those upcoming Hudson Hornet kits... ;)

TOO KOOL! :lol:

I got my new vacuum pump in today & I've been dialing it in. Lots of fun for the kids. We boiled "Cold" water with it. Inflated an empty tied off balloon to about 8" in dia. The final test was degassing "PUDDING" & yes we ate it afterwords....(Is that weird?)...LOL Now it's time to drown something in rubber. Also I am working on the 1/25th scale 37 Hudson grilles so it looks like it will happen. Stay tuned.

Jim

Okay guy's I have the 1/8th scale version done (with the 1/25th on its way) & I was wondering what would people pay for such an item? I kinda have a price in my head but I just want to see if I'm in the same playing field. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jim

Okay guys I have the 1/25th masters in and I gave them a little primer & sanded them down. Being so small we lost the small grill bars but other then that they look good to me. What do you think? Should I start casting these? The different colors you see in the photo is where I sanded it down with micro grit. I will be posting these on several sites & hope to get the thumbs up from everyone to move forward.

IMGP2584-vi.jpg

IMGP2586-vi.jpg

IMGP2588-vi.jpg

IMGP2590-vi.jpg

Especially if I can get the rest of the Terreplane to go with it and I can build it stock.

Charlie Larkin

It took me about a year (& $300) to find the dimensions & get the grille mastered. The whole car??? Don't think it gonna happen. Unless someone has a 37 I can have for the winter to get all the dimensions??? Oh! And unlimited resources would help too. :D

Weirdest ting, held at that angle it looks like a motorcycle tank.

I'm worried you lost too much detail. I think it needs fien tuning before casting.

Mike

Your not the first to say that about it looking like a bike tank.

That is fine tuned. :D My eyes are :D from fine tuning it. You gotta admit; it is better then the wheel posted earlier in this thread (That is no longer there). So that would be 2 for no???

There way a 37 Hudson Terraplane at the auto show this year. It was COOL! That grille was on another custom there too, a 34 Ford coupe, and IT was all customed out. That grille REALLY flowed with the cars lines! I'd buy the whole car if it was cast in resin, it was THAT cool.(The 37 Hudson, that is!):D:lol:;)

Cool! Not to count the eggs before they're chickens or anything, but these might sell okay in 1:16 scale, too! :)

LOL Baby steps! I've sold 6 of the 1/8th scale so far & have dozens of people clambering for the 1/25th. I will do a little asking around and maybe there is an interest. Time will tell.

I have half the mold poured & I'm going to do the second half today.

Any thougths on doing those headlight pods as well. They seem to be almost as unique as the grill! I can see those as well on many a hot rod and they would be a must if someone was going to do a Terraplane

I did get around to the headlights on the 1/8th scale version. So I guess the 1/25th is next.

Imgp2672-vi.jpg

IMGP2675-vi.jpg

IMGP2676-vi.jpg

Well... it happened!

And I'm building a '34 Ford shop truck just to show one off! :lol:

poop002-vi.jpg

Chuck where did you get the 682-C headlights? I'd love a set to borrow so I can cast them up & I'm still waiting on that farmall grill...? LOL

Chuck where did you get the 682-C headlights? I'd love a set to borrow so I can cast them up & I'm still waiting on that farmall grill...? LOL

Those are from the Revell 'Car Show' '30 Model A phaeton kit.

Oh, and I'll have some pics of the complete Terraplane truck up tomorrow...well, later today I guess! :lol:

ANd the Farmall prototype is still a work in progress. ;)