Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 AMX

Space Cowboy

Very nice build! I'm a big fan of AMX's ever since I used to own one (a '69) years ago. And yes, that is one of the nicer colors for that car. ;)

Quick question, which kit did you use?

Looks like he used the old Johan one (or its reissue)-----in fact, I believe Johan was the only one to make that kit although some were reboxed as AMT kits.

This is nice AMX, and there you can see, that this kit can be built nicely without too big modifications... Nice job with the inner fenders, I like them. My inner fenders are now needing some styrene, I'm buildind the interior first anyway. Like the paintjob and color is great. Engine looks good too, I guess, it's this kit? http://www.fast-autos.net/diecast-cars-models/diecast-car-image-large/jo-han-1969-american-motors-amx-1-25-scale_110636900398.jpg Great job on the build, thank you for sharing it!

This is nice AMX, and there you can see, that this kit can be built nicely without too big modifications... Nice job with the inner fenders, I like them. My inner fenders are now needing some styrene, I'm buildind the interior first anyway. Like the paintjob and color is great. Engine looks good too, I guess, it's this kit? http://www.fast-autos.net/diecast-cars-models/diecast-car-image-large/jo-han-1969-american-motors-amx-1-25-scale_110636900398.jpg Great job on the build, thank you for sharing it!

Excellent AMX . You did it justice . Just right . Thanx ..

Your build takes me back to the time of my youth, lol, when I built that very same kit when it first came out (mine was the flatbox issue and I built it as a funny car). I absolutely love the color combination.... another plus is how you improved the rather sparse engine compartment. Thanks for sharing!