Model Cars Magazine Forum

TV show American Trucker

I love the show and its content ~AND~ I too hope it will last,and it was soooo cool to see Sonny Pruitt's Kenworth,she's a beauty and still looks awesome going down the ol' black ribbon!!!only wish the host ROBB MARIANI wasn't sooooooooo annoying!!!!!

lol if you think he's anoying, lmao i could only imagine how i would be on that show from being so excited to do what he gets to do!! lol that is one lucky guy for sure

dennis

lol if you think he's anoying, lmao i could only imagine how i would be on that show from being so excited to do what he gets to do!! lol that is one lucky guy for sure

dennis

.....AYE!!!!!,you have a very valid point there lol,come to think of it,if I got to do what he was doing,I would be bouncing off the walls like a super ball bouncing around in a galvanized trash can with the lid on it..."bing,bang,boom,bounce,clink,clank,boing,bam" :)

• 2 weeks later...

the only reason this show is any good is because it shows nice trucks.

Officially if I miss an episode I won't be heart broken. Last nights episode proved what a bust this show is and how much of a bozo the host is.

He makes truck fans look like idiots. and doesn't help the trucking industry look any better to the public.

p.s. if the owner of the chrome shop drove one of my trucks like that I'd fire him.

I agree my girlfriend and I both enjoyed the BJ and the Bear episode and are already planning a road trip to the largest truck stop. But last nights episode was just stupid. It's cool to be excited about something but seriously the guy needs to chill out and not look so stupid. We canceled the DVR for recording new episodes. if I see it on I will watch but it isn't something I will make sure I am available for.

I've been setting it to record too. I'm not sure what is with the selection of hosts for these shows. There was a show about trains recently that had an obnoxious host, and I got to the point that I stopped watching it. I'm sure the networks thing that it spices up the show, but like as has been already mentioned, it only serves to make us "truck lovers" look stupid. This show has so much potential; I just hope the host's actions don't kill it.

I've been running the episodes and photographing the detail shots with a rather high degree of success.

I've got to agree with everyone else, this show is great for the trucks, but that Rob Moron (did I get his name right!?!? :rolleyes: ) is not really doing truck fans or drivers for that matter any good. I think SPEED might be better off finding a REAL TRUCKER to host the show, and I'm available! I wouldn't mind taking that nice K&L K Whopper for a spin! :P

By the way Leo, I'm not sure but I think the Kenworth Kelvin was banging through the gears is owned by the chrome shop, so it would be his truck. Unless I missed something, I didn't see anything wrong with the way he drove the customer's Pete, well except the moron in the passenger seat with his foot on the dash!

yeaa i think highway is right i believe that was his kwhopper but none the less why would you drive a truck like that? and its funny that highway mentioned rob in the passengers seat with his foot on the dash.. i said to myself this guy is a total knucklehead.. but i will still tune in to watch it just to see some sweet rides. will they do the rubber duck from convoy?

yeaa i think highway is right i believe that was his kwhopper but none the less why would you drive a truck like that? and its funny that highway mentioned rob in the passengers seat with his foot on the dash.. i said to myself this guy is a total knucklehead.. but i will still tune in to watch it just to see some sweet rides. will they do the rubber duck from convoy?

Yeah that's his truck still wouldn't abuse a truck to show off, you can show off with out abuse,

My wife even noticed the foot on the dash, even though the interior wasn't done.

I know producers have alot to do with the content, that's why Trick my Truck went the direction it went and why CSM quit that show.

Yep, agree with both of you, even though it is his truck, I know I wouldn't treat my truck or any other truck like that just to show off. I admit in my days I've slammed a few gears and ground a few too (I never have understood that what that third pedal is for! :lol:), but I never banged any like that!

Landon, as for the Rubber Duck, it doesn't look like it will be a feature like the BJ and the Bear truck or Snowman's rig, here is a list of the upcoming episodes from Speed's website, and episode 7 SCARES ME!!

Episode 5: Hauling In Style

Robb combs the nation for the coolest custom truck in America. Just like the world of Hot Rods, in the world of trucking, customization is a big deal. He visits three of the best custom big rig shops around, not only to check out their decked-out rides, but to put the rides to the test.

Episode 6: Big Load

This episode of American Trucker brings us to Shandon, Ohio, where we'll catch up with the kings of the load, Diamond Heavy Haul. For over 30 years, these guys have been hauling the biggest and heaviest loads on the road. When it comes to delivering the superload, nobody does it like Diamond.

Episode 7: Robb Becomes A Trucker

Robb's fascination with big rigs doesn't end with admiration. He wants to fulfill his childhood dream of being behind the wheel of a big rig. So it's off to the Dootson School of Trucking in Southern California. Very quickly, Robb realizes that getting his commercial driver's license will prove to be a lot harder than he thinks.

If he actually gets a CDL, that just proves they'll give them to anybody! :lol: Oh, and you won't catch me on the slab anymore! :o;):huh:

By the way, funny you mentioned Trick My Truck, Leo. Of course that was another of my favorites and would even like to build models of a few of the trucks like the wrecker "Lifeline", but I think the best were the first season at Four State Trucks. Nothing beats a Mafia truck "Bilt by the boys"!

The biggest thing I wonder, does anyone know what happened to "Wrecked"? That was my thing on Thursday nights, and it just disappeared, in my opinion it was the only true "reality" show on TV.

The biggest thing I wonder, does anyone know what happened to "Wrecked"? That was my thing on Thursday nights, and it just disappeared, in my opinion it was the only true "reality" show on TV.

From what I read on the speed forums a while back the Wrecked guys and the producers had a falling out. Money and privacy were a big issue. But who knows Speed has a thing for canceling shows with high ratings if they are not Nascar related.

Well, I gotta say, I'm pretty disappointed with the show now. To me, ever since the "Smokey and the Bandit" episode, the show is headed downhill! The acting is like it's geared towards five year olds and there were too many non truck related topics discussed. When I saw that Kelvin guy, I almost turned the channel! I couldn't stand those guys on the last show! (second season of Trick My Truck) That acting would gag a maggot!!!!

I know some of you may like those "super customs" that those shows produce but I'd much rather see a Peterbilt restored to looking brand new with smaller amounts of aftermarket stuff. Texas bumpers are cool but do they need to be wider than the truck and a half inch off the ground??? That's not practical at all! I like trucks for what they were and for what they are, not for what someone's artistic mind thinks they ought to be!

well one day after we were done with the stop Chuck drives into the lot with his horn blaring goes to the dock backing area does a blindside backing in, not missing a beat bumps the dock put's it in a forward gear and drives out of the course and the lot all the while holding his hand on the horn.

i bet the instructors was all hot headed after that! :angry:

and all the students had there jaws on the ground huh! :P

ya know its funny that last episode really was starting to remind me of trick my truck, and the trucks they built were very cool looking but i appreciate a nice looking work horse way more than a tricked out show pony any day. that 362 Pete was again nice but not practical. I hope they stay on course and stick to the title.. "American Trucker" because not all truckers can afford to have a show truck like that.. half the roads in here in good ol' pennsylvania would rip those bumpers off the truck not to mention deer running out.

Havent seen the show yet...but I go to all the major trucks shows every year. If the truck Kelvin of K&L was drivin was a totally custom W900...dark blue and black...slammed to the ground and stretched, it is the truck they haul the show trailer with. It used to be white and blue, until they redid it to its current style.