Model Cars Magazine Forum

32 ford rat rod

rocsas2

I certainly can't fault your building skills or your cleverness in buying the sign. I've used them as well.

That being said, the average width of a frame rail on a real 1:1 hot rod is about three inches. So if one millimeter is one inch in scale, your frame rails are how wide?

• 1 month later...

i have started to work on it again this will get finished before my others. i have put white wall slicks on the back and worked little on the interior. ihave made a dash out of a old econiline dash its preety cool. :rolleyes: i havent changed the framerail widthe becouse i like the width. i put it against a original frame and it looks about right. they are just a bit taller.the engine was actually a pontiac. i put a couple little things on it. i changed the body to the point of not recognizing it. i chopped the top extremely and channeled it and made a fire wall. i will cut out the doors and trunk and make new ones out of metal and that way they will open. i will post pickks soon