Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 71 GTX

oldscool

I got the body trim painted yesterday. The window trim was done with a silver Sharpie and the rocker trim was done with silver paint. It's just plain old Testors silver paint from the little bottle. The orange looks closer to the right color in these pics than in the earlier ones

IMG_0438.jpg

IMG_0439.jpg

After reading the response regarding BMF on mastermodellers thread I have ordered some and will give it a try on my next project.

Next step is to mask and paint the front license plate area with flat black.

gus

Edited by GrumpyGus

• 3 weeks later...

That interior looks great. What did you dull it down with, Testors dull cote or something else? BTW, Tamiya spray is the best rattle can there is period. Only had one bad experience with it, but it was not the paint, it was the weather.

Thanks Rickey. I flat coated the orange areas with Testors Acryl flat clear brushed on. The black is Acryl semi gloss black so it wasn't flat coated. The package shelf is Acryl flat black. I've been using Acryl paint for detailing for years and this bottle of semi gloss is glossier than what I've used in the past.

gus

Got the body and chassis together last night. All thats left is the front and back ends and some under hood details.

IMG_0475-1.jpg

IMG_0476-1.jpg

That's the kit decal on the hood. I might just rip it off and try to paint it instead.

She's looking very 70s don't you think?

gus

Edited by GrumpyGus

Looking good, Gus! The slap-stick shifter handle is black with a chrome button on the left side and a chrome shaft that goes into the console.

not saying your wrong sir, but i do beg to differ with you on that

i looked at numerous sites that showed close up pics of the slap-stick shifter handles and so far every one that i have seen is black

z1%20Slap%20Stik.JPG

not saying that the chrome shaft doesnt protrude up thru the console, but the handle slides down over it and has a screw holding it onto the shaft

not saying your wrong sir, but i do beg to differ with you on that

i looked at numerous sites that showed close up pics of the slap-stick shifter handles and so far every one that i have seen is black

z1%20Slap%20Stik.JPG

not saying that the chrome shaft doesnt protrude up thru the console, but the handle slides down over it and has a screw holding it onto the shaft

I could be wrong on that little detail! Sorry about that if I am.

The bumpers are looking great, Gus! I look forward to seeing this one Under Glass!

Thanks for the compliments everyone. This one is turning out better than I thought it would.

You know, the old ex- Monogram Mopars really aren't so bad if you don't mind the tub style interiors. The only beefs I have with them are the one piece exhaust and rear axles, the lack of under hood detail and the molded in battery. The bodies are well proportioned unlike some of the other 1/24 stuff they did.

gus

Well she's more or less finished now. Just needs some underhood details and small body touchups. I made a mess of gluing the passenger side mirror. Why don't they put some kind of locating pin on these mirrors?:D

IMG_0495.jpg

IMG_0494.jpg

Excuse the dust on the trunk lid. This one got dusty before it was even finished.

IMG_0498-1.jpg

How would you like to see that in your rear view mirror?B)

IMG_0496.jpg

IMG_0492.jpg

IMG_0491.jpg

gus

Looks real nice Gerald! It looks good in that color. On your mirrors,drill a hole in the base and insert a wire or a piece of small styrene rod,then drill a corresponding hole in your door. Makes placing/gluing them super easy.