Model Cars Magazine Forum

Aftermarket Kurtis Midget Decals?

Contact Etzel Speed Classics out there in Costa Mesa by the left sea. I trust he can sort you out.

Etzel's Speed Classic went out of business in 2002. Chris Etzel moved from here in Lafayette to Indianapolis, went to work for the very large sports team clothing manufacturer there, as a graphics designer.

It would be very interesting if someone could reproduce his Midget decal sheet though.

I can also arrange access to what is perhaps the largest collection of photo's of midgets anywhere on the planet--pics that date from the 1940's though the 1960's, shot with a Speed Graphics Press Camera, so you know they will be very clear, sharp images; if any decal producer is interested!

Art

Etzel's Speed Classic went out of business in 2002. Chris Etzel moved from here in Lafayette to Indianapolis, went to work for the very large sports team clothing manufacturer there, as a graphics designer.

It would be very interesting if someone could reproduce his Midget decal sheet though.

I can also arrange access to what is perhaps the largest collection of photo's of midgets anywhere on the planet--pics that date from the 1940's though the 1960's, shot with a Speed Graphics Press Camera, so you know they will be very clear, sharp images; if any decal producer is interested!

Art

Maybe Mike over at IndyCals

http://www.indycals.net/

Terry

There are decals (numbers and markings) available for both new Revell Kurtis midgets from Scale Auto Details. They should be reviewed in the next issue of Model Cars magazine. The following are currently available; Ken Brenn Offy (Blue car), Ken Brenn Offy (Red car), Caccia Offy, Sam Traylor Offy, and Kenz&Leslie V8 60. More decals are being designed and should be released in the next 30-60 days. These are high quality water slide decals printed on an Alps printer on high grade decal paper. They are sealed so they can be overcoated with clear (enamel, lacquer, urethane, acrylic). The decals are also available in 1/18th scale for GMP midgets. More details and prices can be obtained by e-mailing me at doctordwp@gmail.com. I have attached a price list for resin parts, printed accessories, and decals.

Scale Auto Details Price List.pdf

Art

Art,

I am making decals for the new Revell kits (as well as the old 1/18th scale GMP midgets) and would be very interested in seeing what you have available. I am not familiar with the decals sheet from ESC and could easily reproduce that as well if someone has a good example.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi!

I'm new to this forum but was given a tip to check it out while we were in California for some WOO racing.

I was looking for aftermarket decals for the Revell Midgets and finding this forum was a gold mine. Anyway, I just wanted to say that I just bought some decals from doctordarryl and they are really top notch. He responded right away and his decals are great. If anyone needs any info please feel free to contact me!

Thanks

Rob M. ;):D

Hi!

I'm new to this forum but was given a tip to check it out while we were in California for some WOO racing.

I was looking for aftermarket decals for the Revell Midgets and finding this forum was a gold mine. Anyway, I just wanted to say that I just bought some decals from doctordarryl and they are really top notch. He responded right away and his decals are great. If anyone needs any info please feel free to contact me!

Thanks

Rob M. ;):D

Hey, Rob!

Are you planning to come to Phoenix next weekend for the Desert Scale Classic model car contest/show/swap meet? If so, look me up and say hello!

;)

Dan

Not sure yet, my wife is having some health problems that we're dealing with so I don't know if I'll be able to get up there. I will keep it in mind and either way, please make sure to keep in touch.

We're retired out here from NY and my specailty is 1960's and 1970's era Northeast modifieds. Once in a while I also build midgets and sprint cars. Some of my builds are posted on other websites and I can give you the links or eventually I'll post them here.

Feel free to email me at rpmgovenor@msn.com

Rob

Dan

Not sure yet, my wife is having some health problems that we're dealing with so I don't know if I'll be able to get up there. I will keep it in mind and either way, please make sure to keep in touch.

We're retired out here from NY and my specailty is 1960's and 1970's era Northeast modifieds. Once in a while I also build midgets and sprint cars. Some of my builds are posted on other websites and I can give you the links or eventually I'll post them here.

Feel free to email me at rpmgovenor@msn.com

Rob

I wish her well and hope that everything turns out good! If you do get a chance to make the DSC, be sure to look me up. I'm never hard to find!

Be sure to check out the webpages for the Phx area clubs, www.moonlightmodelers.com and www.cactuscarmodelers.com (presently under construction but should be going "up" soon), as well as the Scale Model Car Board of Phoenix (bulletin board), SCMBofPhoenix

Travel safely, good luck and best wishes to the missus, and hope to catch up with you down the road! We can never have enough roundy-rounders!

;)