Model Cars Magazine Forum

'34 Ford RPU

Chuck Most

Here was my first mockup...

kits006-vi.jpg

Here is what you are seeing- a front tire/wheel from a Galaxie '46 Chevy, a rear tire/wheel from a Monogram '41 Lincoln Continental, a modified V-12 from that same Lincoln kit, with scratchbuilt finned heads and three carbs from three different Revell '37 Ford pickup kits, and a cab made by cutting down one of those shrunken Revell "Saints" '34 Ford roadsters (the body was 'shrunken' to fit the Lil John Buttera chassis from the earlier '26 T street rod kits, why, I have no idea...) I liked what I saw, so I set about connecting the dots...

poop003-vi.jpg

The frame is (wait for it...) a '78 Ford Courier piece, Z'd in back with a '37 Ford buggy spring and Banjo axle. Up front, I cut away the Courier IFS, and replaced it with an early Ford style cross spring setup with parts box hairpins. I also made up some headers for the V-12 using solder and aluminum tubing, and slapped on the nose from a Revell Kurtis Midget, with the bullet headlamps from an AMT '62 Electra 225. I also scratched up some floor boards, a firewall, and a driveshaft hump, and cut down the '41 Lincoln dash to fit the cab, but we'll be seeing those later on when the interior has a bit more to look at. Still on the agenda- steering linkage, bed, headlamp lenses, and the aforementioned interior goodies!

Guest Markus355

looks great. a friend of mine has a 1:1 30 model A p/u with one of those lincoln flatties in it.

i really need to get my hands on one of those flathead 12's for an upcoming build...anyone have any spares?

BED TIME!!!!

poop003-vi.jpg

I made up the bed from styrene stock, and cut out the V for the V12 emblem. I don't know what the 1 and 2 are from, they were in one of my many junk boxes.

And I cut down a Monogram Black Widow seat to fit the '34 tub, hosed it off in Tamiya Dark Earth, and plopped it in..

poop004-vi.jpg