Model Cars Magazine Forum

1967 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Nick Winter

well I'm building this car for 2 diffrent community builds.

along the way I learned this: The base Z/28 package cost $328.10, and included the 302-ci engine, 3.73.1 rear axle, dual exhaust, and 15x6 stamped steel wheels on 7.35x14 nylon redline tires. Heavy-duty suspension, heavy-duty radiator, and special hood and "Deck" stripes.

as for the name Z28 it's not like SS (Super Sport) or RS (Rally Sport) it was mearl them option code.

GM stated horsepower ar 290HP, Car & Driver stated around 360 horsepower.

around

I also Deceided on Nantucket Blue with White body stripes, which I will paint using the decals to create the taped off area's.

I'll be using the '95 AMT re-issue I have. The stock wheels and tires are gone so I'll ad some period Correct aftermarket wheels and tires.

FILE0242.jpg

I primed it. I completed my interior and have started on the engine, I painted up the Thorque Thrust wheels,Started filling the seems of the valences, and detailed the grille & tailights. It's nice to build a kit mostly out of the box :o

FILE0257.jpg

FILE0260.jpg

FILE0261.jpg

FILE0262.jpg

FILE0264.jpg

FILE0263.jpg

FILE0266.jpg

FILE0269.jpg

FILE0272.jpg

Nick

At this point I've caught a rotten cold from last weeks Ice Fishing, yes I actually caught nothing but a cold, and well a 4 pound Rock Bass, but Pickeral only count. :lol:

Anyway enough talk, the pictures can do that.

BMFed my valve covers, added Engine wires and Painted my chassis.

FILE0286.jpg

FILE0289.jpg

FILE0291.jpg

FILE0290.jpg

Nick

Nice start there Nick, I got one about half way done (like so many others! LOL) and yours might be the spark to get me motivated to get it done.

The '67 is among the rarest of the Z-28s as only 602 were produced, making them the fewest among the 1st. Gen Camaros.

Funny fact about the '69 Z-28 Camaros. They produced about 19,000 of them and I swear there are still that many on the road, all because folks have slapped badges on a fender!

Nice start there Nick, I got one about half way done (like so many others! LOL) and yours might be the spark to get me motivated to get it done.

The '67 is among the rarest of the Z-28s as only 602 were produced, making them the fewest among the 1st. Gen Camaros.

Funny fact about the '69 Z-28 Camaros. They produced about 19,000 of them and I swear there are still that many on the road, all because folks have slapped badges on a fender!

Thanks Mike, I say finish your Camaro. Yes I read about the low production numbers that's why I deceided to keep this kit rather than trade it. I'd beleive that :P

Nick

• 3 weeks later...

I like that color.... its subtle.. but stands out at the same time... excellent build! Just the right amount of touches to make her look classy. (Sorry, all cars to me are female, lol) I might have to build another First Gen Camaro at some point.. I already did the Yenko, and loved it. (Its posted in the Under Glass thread) By the way, I have that EXACT engine stand too! I need more of em!

You're best yet Nick! I like the look of that baby. B)

Thanks Mike, I agree, I think it is my best yet.

I like that color.... its subtle.. but stands out at the same time... excellent build! Just the right amount of touches to make her look classy. (Sorry, all cars to me are female, lol) I might have to build another First Gen Camaro at some point.. I already did the Yenko, and loved it. (Its posted in the Under Glass thread) By the way, I have that EXACT engine stand too! I need more of em!

Took me about 4 hours to deceide on that color, and I have yet to be disapointed in my choice. Had to strip it once, my own fault though, but since then, all is good. I have about 3 diffrent engine stands I use when I'm working on my engines, I think I need a few more :lol: I never seem to build just 3 at a time.

Soon this little Hugger will be Under Glass aswell.

Nick