Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Cars of Rock 'n' Roll and Country Music

CorvairJim

Looks like you're all set to go there, Nick! It seems like most of these cars I see have the typical "Smokey & The Bandit" S.E. gold on black color scheme, so I'm looking forward to seeing it in Sammy's red on black! Not that gold on black is necessarily bad, just that I like some variety.

I've got 3 T/A's Currently planned with SE graphics, can you guess which years ('77, '80, '83)

He could be building it for the song east bound and down, or Texas bound and flying! ;)

I thought of it, then deceided I liked Trans AM better.

update: found some neat parts, and started paint work, laid out a Silver base.

Nick

Just read this:

"True story..Sammy was stopped on Rt 95 in Rhode Island back in the 80s in a Black 1980 Trans Am,The State cop who stopped him let him go after busting his B@lls about the color of the car(Not being Red),The cop was a big Hagar Fan and got his Auograph too."

What's this actual photo's in a build thread, who'd a thunk it.

Fixing the frame with help from a MPC donor,

FILE0953.jpg

FILE0954.jpg

My custom plate, I-E-A-T-Z28

untitled.jpg

Chrylser Candy Red, over the previously mentioned silver base coat, left over Keith Marks Gold Graphics, and a hood Chicken of my doing. BMF Applied, car cleared, Mock up.

FILE0955.jpg

FILE0956.jpg

wow when that first riff hit chills just went up my spine!

i and im sure of most everyone that watched that final race remembers it like yesterday!

it sounds like to me it might be a guy named "Tim Wilson"!

"The Ride" was originally done by David Allan Coe, it is a country song that was a pseudo tale about Hank Williams Sr.

"The Ride" was originally done by David Allan Coe, it is a country song that was a pseudo tale about Hank Williams Sr.

actually your right on that ...david allan coe did the original version about hank sr. but tim mcgraw did it as well! but im still trying to figure out who did the earnhardt sr. version?????

actually your right on that ...david allan coe did the original version about hank sr. but tim mcgraw did it as well! but im still trying to figure out who did the earnhardt sr. version?????

Keith Bryant did in 2004 and also Hank willims Jr. has done . But I think the first version was keith Byrant

I know I'm jumping in a bit late, but I have a fun idea for a music build. I would like to do one of the vehicles from C.W. McCall's "Convoy". I just got a Revell T1 Samba model, and now I need to hit the bay for a few sets of Tamiya's Campus Friends, and a few driver and mechanic figure sets. Anybody got an idea which one I want to build? (Boy! This one isn't going to be easy!) I'll start mixing up the flourescent green and yellow paints tomorrow to see if I can come up with the right shade. (About three steps brighter than "Sneeze Green"!) Now if somebody builds a Dynamite hauler, we can display them together!

I hope that I can have fun with this build, and that you all won't laugh too hard at my follies trying to paint and modify eleven figures and stuff them into a VW bus!

Mind if I join?

Dave

Everybody's welcome in the build, Dave. The more the merrier! Consider yourself down for one "Chartreuse Microbus"... I was thinking about one of these as a second entry, if I ever get my first one finished, that is!

Edited by CorvairJim

• 3 weeks later...

Well been busy, but I'm moving forward on this one.

GEDC0477.jpg

GEDC0479.jpg

GEDC0482.jpg

GEDC0480.jpg

GEDC0485.jpg

More to come.

Nick

Edit: Gotta finish the engine, and I do know about the scratch on the Quarter panel. The shiny spot behind the drivers seat is some clear glue, had to touch up the flocking after a boo-boo

Edited by Nick Winter

I like all the little details you're adding to this one, Nick: The C.B. radio, radar detector and extra gauges especially. The Pontiac "Arrowhead" on the back window is right in line with the song too - It looks like something Sammy would have on HIS Trans Am! The jacked-up rear suspension looks like it will have the perfect "Bad Boy Attitude" for the car in the song. The lettering on the tires is better than any I've done in the past. Keep up the good work.

(I just wish my '64 "Little Old Lady" Dodge were so far along! :huh: )

• 4 weeks later...

Wow. It's been nearly a month since anybody posted to this CBP. Is anybody still out there? I finally have the Little Old Lady's Dodge in paint, and the interior is nearly complete, but with other commitments I still have a ways to go on it otherwise. On a lighter note, I've been thinking about a side project to go along with this one. The song? "The Little Old Lady From Pascagoula"! Never heard of the song? Here's a taste of the lyrics:

Well the Little Old Lady from Pascagoula,

Lives in a tumble-down 40-footer,

And parked in her muddy old weed-choked yard,

Is a dented-up, rusted-out, primer-gray Ford...

Ane everybody says there's nobody cooler,

Than the Little Old Lady from Pascagoula,

She drives through the mud and she drives over rocks,

or she did until her four-by-four went up on blocks,

She's THE LITTLE OLD LADY FROM PASCAGOULA! :lol::D:P

Well, Niko, I guess you COULD interpret it as a guy buying a "Brand New 409" engine over the counter and installing it in his '32 Ford hot rod, but I've always thought he was meaning he bought the whole car from his local Chevy dealer. (To me, it was always a dark blue '62 Bel Air bubbletop.) Hey, personal interpretation is what his build is all about, so what the heck, go for it!

Well, Niko, I guess you COULD interpret it as a guy buying a "Brand New 409" engine over the counter and installing it in his '32 Ford hot rod, but I've always thought he was meaning he bought the whole car from his local Chevy dealer. (To me, it was always a dark blue '62 Bel Air bubbletop.) Hey, personal interpretation is what his build is all about, so what the heck, go for it!

Oh, I didn't know that. But my idea is to install 409 engine to '32 Ford 3 Window Coupe. Maybe with some NOSTALGIC speed parts, or then just Offenhauser style valve covers.... I'm not 100% sure, but it will be nostalgic Hot Rod. Thanks.