Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Cars of Rock 'n' Roll and Country Music

CorvairJim

ok, found this thread tonight and decided to build the car from the Johnny Cash song "The General Lee"....

but, I think I overdid it!?!?

100_1016-vi.jpg

ok... actually this photo is 5 years old, bu thought I'd post it for "kicks and giggles". fyi.. no 2 of these are alike... different graphics, different oranges, different charger kits, etc.

I may really submit a new car at some point, but already have 3 active projects on the table, so it might be a bit.

That song was FUN! I like a lot of what Johnny Cash did but I'm not quite what you'd call a "Fan" as such. Still, the man had a way with music. I had forgotten how much fun The Dukes Of Hazzard was, even though I watched it pretty religiously when it was on the first time around (pre-syndication). Still, it kind of hurts to think how many perfectly good 1969 Chargers met an early death because of that show and how many more are now running around painted orange with a great big rebel flag on the roof! When you decide to jump in, you're more than welcome.

I'll be back in this CBP if I can find some decals. Anyone have the Model King reissue of the '50 Austin gasser? I need the "Night Moves" door decals for my '60 Chevy!

*EDIT- FOUND SOME.

Edited by Jantrix

Holy (expletive deleted), Michael! That Mustang looks incredible so far. The wheels and tires you chose for it are perfect, and the stance clearly means business. This thing won't be taking prisoners, that's for sure.

Sorry Rob, can't help you with the decals. Have you tried posting in the "Wanted" forum?

Michael, I hate to burst your bubble here but in order to qualify for this CBP, the car in question must be mentioned either in the title or the body of the song like your Black Sunshine. " The wheels of his Mustang exploding on the highway like a slug from a .45."

Slow ride is NOT about riding in a car. There is no car mentioned in the song. But this is Jim's CBP, he'll have to chime in here.

oh so's you dont have to look ,real hard, heres the link for you,

Don't get me wrong, I'm not playing CBP police, it's just that I know Slow Ride pretty well and I was 99% sure there was no mention of a car. If you had said, "This is my Tbird from the Redneck Stuntmen's song "Hey Watch This", I wouldn't have given it another thought.

Heck I'm used to it, I get policed, on spelling, and even on my Black Sunshine, really, no biggie, I mean have you seen the video for Black Sunshine? it is a '65 Mustang, and it's butt ugly, there's even one that shows a 340 Dodge, really now?

Sides, what promted you to say anything at all, on the thread, you couldnt scold me in a PM?, so I guess you were policing...

I just might go with the Thunderduck, can I say that here? anyway, give's me more things to do at once, and go with Low Rider from War, as it will be super slammed, If I can find some SKIRTS,

Edited by Gothic Kustomz

Foghat's "Slow Ride" is a tricky one. If you don't pay attention to the lyrics it's easy to assume it's about cruising with your girl but if you actually LISTEN, it's pretty much saying how he wants to get into her pants! ("I'm in the mood - The rhythm is right - Move to the music - We can roll all night") If that brings a car to mind for you, fine and dandy. Hey, maybe you're making out in a car, right? Give me a good reason why you want to do it and I guess I can allow it. Basically, does it bring a certain car solidly to your mind, something you can envision in it's completed form right from the start?

"Camaro" by Cyrkle was a promotional record commissioned by General Motors back in 1967 when the Camaro debuted. The General was big on that type of thing in the mid 60's. They would send the disks out to radio stations as promotionals hoping they's get on the air. The most famous of the bunch was "SS-396" by Paul Revere and the Raiders, which got a fair amount of airplay. I have several copies of that 45, since it's flip side is "Corvair Baby"!

"SS-396", by Paul Revere and The Raiders:

"Corvair Baby", by Paul Revere and the Raiders:

[media=]

Ok, so back to this, as another build, '62 Thunderbird, from the song Low Rider, from War, I wasn't playing by the rules, so I got in a lil trouble, I don't build Low Riders, so before anyone cry's, or wants to police, this will be MY, version of a Low Rider.

So, once again, take a look at the wheels, and give me some ideas, I like the moons, no really I do, but on other forum's there's been like 20+ people telling me different, so give me some feed back, there will be other things, like I will slam this to the ants, smoothie, dechrome, lay the windshield back, chop it too, this will not be a soft top roadster, just a full time roadster....

100_0239.jpg

100_0241.jpg

100_0245.jpg

100_0253.jpg

Edited by Gothic Kustomz

My Opinion on the wheels:

1st Set: No, those are too modern.

2nd Set: Not those either. Tire profile is better than on that first set, but wheels are looking like 90's HiTech to me. <_<

3rd Set: Absolutely not those. Horrible wheels and way too low profile tires. Don't fit into old Classis like this.

4th Set: Yes! That's just right. :lol:

My Opinion on the wheels:

1st Set: No, those are too modern.

2nd Set: Not those either. Tire profile is better than on that first set, but wheels are looking like 90's HiTech to me. <_<

3rd Set: Absolutely not those. Horrible wheels and way too low profile tires. Don't fit into old Classis like this.

4th Set: Yes! That's just right. :lol:

That's what I was thinking, plus the moonies will fit the era, the others just look'd to modern, still open to your guys thought's on this issue....

Ok, so back to this, as another build, '62 Thunderbird, from the song Low Rider, from War, I wasn't playing by the rules, so I got in a lil trouble, I don't build Low Riders, so before anyone cry's, or wants to police, this will be MY, version of a Low Rider.

So, once again, take a look at the wheels, and give me some ideas, I like the moons, no really I do, but on other forum's there's been like 20+ people telling me different, so give me some feed back, there will be other things, like I will slam this to the ants, smoothie, dechrome, lay the windshield back, chop it too, this will not be a soft top roadster, just a full time roadster....

Michael, the whole point of this CBP is to build YOUR vision of the car from the song, not what everybody else thinks it should be. You hear "Low Rider" on the radio, you see a '62 T-Bird slammed into the weeds, Fine with me! That's what you build! The idea of this CBP is to share YOUR vision of the song, no matter what anyone else says.

By the way, I like the Baby Moons and Gangster Whites too.

I've got to agree with Jim 100%, just because they used a Toyota in the video doesn't mean that only a Toyota is a "Hillbilly Deluxe". I'm a born and bred West Virginia hillbilly, and my slightly customized 1990 Ford F350 4x4 dually is my "Hillbilly Deluxe", even with it's rusted front fender and hillbilly rust repair, DUCT TAPE! :lol::lol: Really though, back to the serious side, up here in the states (since I noticed you're from the land down under Aaron) I've seen all different types of trucks that have "Hillbilly Deluxe" on the bug shield or back window or across the top of the windshield, I've even seen some big rigs named "Hillbilly Deluxe"!

Also, I don't know how I missed this CBP before, but I like it! I don't have a definite entry as of yet, mainly because I have tons of others that probably won't get finished for other CBPs :lol: , but I just might have come up with something for this one, maybe even go through some of my old trucking songs and get a big rig in the mix! B)

There ya go!....maybe ....mmmm...."Teddy bears answer"?....

Michael, the whole point of this CBP is to build YOUR vision of the car from the song, not what everybody else thinks it should be. You hear "Low Rider" on the radio, you see a '62 T-Bird slammed into the weeds, Fine with me! That's what you build! The idea of this CBP is to share YOUR vision of the song, no matter what anyone else says.

By the way, I like the Baby Moons and Gangster Whites too.

x2 on all points.

• 2 months later...