Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Impala window Coach/Hearse

Very cool. Nice work on the body. I like the steel wheels and wide whites.

I would keep a hearse look, fill the back AND roof with surf board racks. Enough for everybody at the beach! This guy (or gal) is so popular, everybody loves his (or her) boards!

It's not mine though, so I await the final presentation.

I think the whole thing is great. The roof rack may be over the top but, it would probably be there if it was really being used by a surf shop. I do think it looks better on the roof instead of inside. The idea of the casket with surf board slots is crazy. It really does make you think someone drives it for work and for a personal daily driver.

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta agree with Danno, on this one. It DOES look GREAT, but yeah, if you fill the lights closest to the rear door,and drop the bumper where the door is, so you don't have to shorten the door, it would be a PERFECT conversion to a service vehicle. It came out GREAT , either way ya look at it! What color is it gonna be????:lol::mellow::lol:

Somehow I missed this build - but I now I found it and it's very nice. I like the surf board deal better than a hearse and would dump the casket as a surf board carrier. What about hinging the casket and put some water related items in it like SCUBA tanks, snorkel tubes, mask, fins, etc?

• 1 month later...

A shame she's painted up and foiled all pretty... but only because now I know there's no shot of this beauty being temporarily loaned to a resin caster!

Thanks Chuck ! Yea i got a few custom bodies that would be cool to see casted but mine aren't perfect ! I just do what i think looks cool ! So when they get to a buildable stage i'm happy ! I guess i dont focus on correct just GOOD ENOUGH LOL! <_<

Been awhile since this was on the bench but i been on it like white on rice and going to get it finished this week !

I got the motor ready , the interior ready and all the polishing done i just need to make windows and put it together !

016.jpg

David, what paint did you use on the body?