Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moby Dick

Brendan

Finished this last week. It's the reissue of Tamiya's Porsche 935-78 (also known as Moby Dick). One of my all time favorite Porsche bodies. This car led to the development of a lot of privateer teams modifying their 935's. Paints used were Scale Finishes White, and a combination of Tamiya's Acrylic and TS line of paint. I used the Studio 27 photoetch to add details. Fairly easy build. A lot of injector marks and seams needed to be filled in. But the kit still holds up to the newer kits that are out there. The only real issue I had was trying to get the decals to lie down. Feel free to comment.

93578001.jpg

93578002.jpg

93578003.jpg

93578004.jpg

93578006.jpg

93578005.jpg

I'm really glad to see this one built, it looks stunning... This is by far one of my favorite Porsches ever made and I was glad to see Tamaia re-issue it, now I'm on my way to the LHS to pick up the one I was looking at the other day... LOL

Thanks for everyone's comments. I only wish Tamiya would do a 1/12 version of this kit. As for the decal issues, it was mainly trying to get them to lay down around the corners. A lot of setting solution and solvent and patience. The decals are a lot better than the first issue of the kit.

Very Nice Brendan

lots of decal setting solution...

I built the "momo" version of this car many years ago

cannot remember where I got the decals...Studio27 didn't exist then

watchin' and listening to these cars race at Laguna Seca and Sears Point was very impressive

c'ya