Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tom Daniels California Street 'Vette DONE!

mcandela

My favorite Vette kit! You did a great job on it. On the wheels, did you use the Dupli-Color chrome paint on them? They look nice! I need to finish mine, but the paint needs to be removed first. Good workmanship!

Thanks for the comments. On the wheels I went with a nice shiny black coat of paint and alclad chrome. After 24 hours I simply polished them with a clean piece of rag. Wheels and tires are resin copies from Ma's Resin.

Great build!

The finish is very nice. I liked the Dupli-color Chrome paint under the finger-nail polish. What did you use to thin the finger-nail polish? Normally it's lacquer. Is the Dupli-color Chrome lacquer? What did you prime the body with?

Sorry for all the Questions - but inquiring minds want to know!

Great build!

The finish is very nice. I liked the Dupli-color Chrome paint under the finger-nail polish. What did you use to thin the finger-nail polish? Normally it's lacquer. Is the Dupli-color Chrome lacquer? What did you prime the body with?

Sorry for all the Questions - but inquiring minds want to know!

Primer/Sealer is Duplicolors. Used their chrome spray paint as a base and the orange is Walgreens 1.99 nailpolish. (color = courtney orange from the sinfulcolors line @ walgreens) Told my wife I needed a orange and she picked this one out. Used regular hardware store laquer thinner to thin it out, 1:1. 2 coats of 2 part clear as final coats.

The asking doesn't bother me at all, besides I believe that's what modeling should be about.

Thanks.

Edited by mcandela

Looks real nice Mike! I really like the color you shot on it! I recently aquired and built this same kit. It's one of my all time favorites. Did you make the tail lights or are they from the SS?

Looks real nice Mike! I really like the color you shot on it! I recently aquired and built this same kit. It's one of my all time favorites. Did you make the tail lights or are they from the SS?

Tail lights were from the parts box. Changed them 'cause I wanted something a bit more realistic.

Have a couple of shots of the rear lights in the Workbench section.

Thanks.

Now that is one to be ###### proud of !!! :P One of the best Vettes I've seen on any of the forums. Is this basically a OOB? I'll have to try nail polish on my next build but since I don't have a better half I'll have to brave the nail polish section alone :angry:

Now that is one to be ###### proud of !!! :P One of the best Vettes I've seen on any of the forums. Is this basically a OOB? I'll have to try nail polish on my next build but since I don't have a better half I'll have to brave the nail polish section alone :lol:

Yes, it's out of the box. Only mods are the rear taillight section and the selection of wheels and tires. Oh, I have been alone in the nail polish section before, I know what You mean. :lol:

Beautifully done, Mike!!!

:angry:

Thanks Dan.