Model Cars Magazine Forum

well fellas,

this will be my last post on this forum because i have had enough of the fighting going on!!! i joined this forum in Febuary for the fact that i don't have a club that i can join or shows to go to or, even a hobbyshop that i can frequent. don't get me wrong, i have met some very nice people on here and will still watch Dr. Cranky and his madcap hi-jinks. to all of the people that do make this a great forum, Thank you! for those that don't, LEAVE! also, thank you mr. Gregg and mr. HarryP for making the forum possible. i will just keep modeling in my own little world as i have been for 30 yrs. it's not that i get offended easy. it take alot to make me mad even but, to see some of the insanity on this forum just makes me sick to my stomach! thanks for reading guys whether you care or not.

Jim Brawner

Jim,

Sorry that you have chosen to leave but hopefully you will have a change of heart after a break from being here. I too get tired of the antics but do try to make visiting here a daily ritual as it helps me feel connected to the modeling world.

Hope to see you back here, maybe a vacation is in order and you will reconsider.

Mike

Jim - I wouldn't throw the towel in yet! Most of the drama takes place in a few spots on a few posts. They are usuallly easy to spot and avoid. You will not find a place where all members get along, are curteous, don't jump to conclusions - those are all human personality traits (and some are human nature). I find he actual build posts (on the bench and under glass) are free of the debacles that have popped up over the past two weeks.

We all lose something when we lose members here - the more variety of ideas we have the better.

Guest Johnny

sadly johnny, its the truth.

ken is right, ive seen it happen on a few different forums, if i do ever decide to quit visiting here ill just completley quit posting.

There is always a but and this one is but he does not know what the other member is thinking! Yes he may have been right on some but just as well may have been wrong on just as many!

If that is how he feels there is no real good reason or purpose for even replying to someones "I'm leaving" post. Just ignore it and move on to something else!

Guest Johnny

Jim B it does get a little testy here at times. But I would not let that run me off! Then they win! Just ignore anything negative and move on to something your interested in. If it has to do with criticism of you it is your choice to respond or not.

If they are insincere in their posting they will only keep at it as long as you react. So ignore it and they will eventually move on as they are looking for your reaction and nothing more!

Just keep coming back and enjoying the builds and building! Too many "Good Guys" here to give up that easy!:unsure:

Jim, I just saw on the news tonight that your hometown, Dyersburg, was one of the hardest-hit areas with the flooding of the Mississippi. Don't you have bigger things to worry about? You don't have to immerse yourself in the flame wars that occasionally pop up around here. There's plenty to engage you on other posts.

@ Jim , Jim don't like it get to ya this is how it is in most all form areas on the net , just stop in read what ya need to look around at the fantastic work these guy do and jump back out . these guy post a ton of useful tips and help topics so don't let a few flame wars run ya away. Ive been a member for a little over three years and have posted very little but I stop in almost daily just to see whats new and most of the guys here seem like pretty darn good old boys

Hey Jim, How about just ignoring the losers and enjoy the good parts of the forum? The Under Glass and On the workbench sections rearely have any tom-foolery on them. as a matter of fact one of the reasons I made this forum my home is the way it's organized it's very easy to ignore the idiots. Leave if you wish but make sure you aren't throwing out the baby with the bath water.

Guest Markus355

heres a thought, how about everyone just mans-up and stops getting their feelings hurt over every little thing like a bunch of 5 years olds.

This is the internet. thin skinned crybabys need not apply.

Edited by Markus355

Hey Jim, How about just ignoring the losers and enjoy the good parts of the forum? The Under Glass and On the workbench sections rearely have any tom-foolery on them. as a matter of fact one of the reasons I made this forum my home is the way it's organized it's very easy to ignore the idiots. Leave if you wish but make sure you aren't throwing out the baby with the bath water.

I agree with Darin.

The drama here does pop up every so often… but that's a consequence of us running a pretty open forum here. We give you guys as much leeway as possible, but if you want to avoid the drama it's pretty easy to do. Like Darin said, the "Under Glass" and "On the Workbench" sections rarely, if ever, have the kind of posts that you seem to want to avoid.

Of course the decision is yours, but I suggest you stick around and just avoid or ignore the posts that you don't like. There's a lot of good stuff posted here... maybe bailing is an over-reaction?

Well said.

where did he call anybody a thin skinned crybaby??? Seems like pot stirring to me.. Just saying.

How about recognising a little good natured sarcasm, did ya notice the emotican, the informal speach. Come on give me a break here. Jeez! :)

I mean no harm, but Sarcasm Is a big part of the troubles going on on the forum, and in the Chat room. I don't want a Flame war, but it's the truth as I see this forum currently.

How about recognising a little good natured sarcasm, did ya notice the emotican, the informal speach. Come on give me a break here. Jeez! :)

Hey, Darin is right! I mean, I got ticked @ Ken, who in turn shot back at me. That's cool! I don't mind. I hope he doesn't either. I mean, that's life. Some good; some not so good.

Like Ebony & Ivory...

Living in total harmony.

Ebony & Ivory.... ;)

Ok, people... it's almost 7PM and I have to go downstairs and watch American Idol now... yes, I know it's totally cheesy... :) but it's a guilty pleasure of mine... so I hope I don't see a total train wreck of a thread when I get back in an hour. Can you boys behave?

Well as for you leaving i can say don't let the kids runn you off bro. Just avoid them like they are a zombie lol. Heres what i do personally. i look at the thread if it has drama i leave and remember not to go back. I usually stay to myself that way i don't get in trouble by guilt of association. So if you do that you'll find that the drama will stay away from you as well.

Now this is the forum I missed so much while I was at GSL last weekend! :angry:

My only 2 cents are that if anyone wants to find provocative flames/insults/holy hand grenades being aimed at them in every post, they will. For every person that is accused of being too harsh around here, realize there is as much (or more) tyranny by an impossible-to-please element here that finds some sort of offense in EVERYTHING half the people here post.

Nobody is going to get along with everyone here, but I think 99-percent of this would be a non-issue if people weren't so determined that everything posted here was a personal attack against them, and made a bit more effort to mellow out. There are genuine misunderstandings but it's amazing how often those things just work themselves out when people make a genuine effort to get along.

If I had a sarcasm font I'd use it now but, "Hope that didn't offend anyone, but I know it probably did..."

you know, i cant beleive you just said that to me, i thought we were friends but appearantly were not

im really offended now

i say good day to you sir

I SAID GOODDAY!!!

(that would be in the sarcasm font too, if we had one) which brings me to my point,

why dont we all agree to post sarcasm in a certain colour ?

maybe like the brown i used, that seems like a colour no one can take seriously

as a mather of fact, that is the same colour my 1990 opel E kadett was (according to my friends it was painted like that at the factory to hide the rust which the claimed it allready did in the brochure)