Model Cars Magazine Forum

Highly Detailed GENERAL LEE.... finally done...!1yr and 6 days

mopar01lee

It's looking pretty good!

One suggestion... carefully clean up the edges of the foil trim around the windows. Use a brand new blade. Also you might try and burnish out some of the wrinkles in the foil with the side of a toothpick. Other than that it's looking nice (and I'm being picky about the foil trim... but since you're doing such an elaborate build-up, it's worth your time to clean up those edges a bit).

It's looking pretty good!

One suggestion... carefully clean up the edges of the foil trim around the windows. Use a brand new blade. Also you might try and burnish out some of the wrinkles in the foil with the side of a toothpick. Other than that it's looking nice (and I'm being picky about the foil trim... but since you're doing such an elaborate build-up, it's worth your time to clean up those edges a bit).

Davin, another little tip to add to what Harry said with the BMF, I use a Q-Tip when I burnish my foil. It helps to push the foil a little deeper into the molded depressions around the window trim and also helps give a cleaner edge when you cut the foil. As an added bonus, it also helps to polish the foil some for a little more shine.

thanks for the tips and the comments fellas ..... i will try them when it gets closer to being done...

now for a small update.. been goin slow had a death in the family , but was ableto get a lill done..

im not going to do a full brake sys. i will do as much as possiblelike full front lines ... hears the start

IMAG0457.jpg

IMAG0461.jpg

also been doin some engine detail like .... p/s lines ..plug wires.. battery cables.. an a alt wire when done ...

IMAG0455.jpg

IMAG0460.jpg

started on a spare tire for the trunk as well drill lug holes ...

IMAG0462.jpg

thats it for now thanks for looking

later days .. Davin

Edited by mopar01lee

• 1 month later...

Thank you guys for the very kind words ..... i can see my efforts are doin the car justice.. lol JK.

No for real thanks for the comments fellas .. more will come soon

later days .. davin

oh send your mother in law the build pics .. she might believe you then ..lol..

• 1 month later...

You may have already gotten past this point in your build, but i thought i would let you know that the seats are different in the 68 than the 69. Plus the side lights are different. The 68 has round ones and the 69 has the rectangle ones. The other difference is in the dash but you cant tell in the kit.

thanks guys .... heres a lill update ..

finished the door jams an lower jams , and added side moldings or scuff trim.

22892104.jpg

22892106.jpg

lill engine detaile .. it slanted i kw .. trin to fig out how to install the gear box with it attached to the motor with the power steering lines ..

22892111.jpg

22892109.jpg

till next time

later days Davin....