Model Cars Magazine Forum

`86 Trans Am

Hawk312

Now that I am taking a break from the commissioned builds, I am starting to build stuff that I like, and always wanted to build. You guys will probably start seeing some obscure stuff from me in the future.

Some of you may know I am restoring a real 1:1 `86 Trans Am just like the one I had out of high school. At the time, when I was considering buying it, I had to make the choice between the one I ended up buying and another one at a car lot just down the street. I actually liked the latter better, but there were mechanical issues with it. Otherwise, I would`ve ended up with a Flame Red/Camel Tan and Graphite Trans Am instead of a Bright Red/Carmine Red one that I ended up with. Since the 1:1 will just like the Bright Red/Carmine Red one I had, I am building a 1:25th of the "other car".

I am using the `85 Trans Am and `87 GTA Revell kits for this.

I apologize for the quality of the pictures. My camera is down, and I am taking these pictures with my phone. :DB)

body2.jpg

frame.jpg

interior.jpg

body.jpg

Edited by Hawk312

Sharp build...I remember those from the Big 80s also...I had a buddy in high school back then that had an '87, in a red like that...he wrecked it when it was only a couple weeks old, spun it messed up the rear end...spent a while in a local body shop.

Thanks everyone!

Just for clarification, this will be built as a Trans Am, and not a GTA. Some of yous might be able to pick out the small differences so far. ;)

Anyway,

A little more progress, and a better camera. Only need to finish the bumpers and ground effects, the intake, and then apply the stripes, which should be alot of fun!

almostdone4.jpg

almostdone1.jpg

almostdone2.jpg

almostdone3.jpg