Model Cars Magazine Forum

SCMA Simpsonville SC Contest and show

Drgon63

Thanks for posting the great pics, Tom. It was a pleasure meeting you yesterday, and looking forward to getting together again, soon!

By the way, your Pontiac is awesome, and very worthy of the Ricky Couch award! Congrats!

Edited by John L.

Thanks for posting the great pics, Tom. It was a pleasure meeting you yesterday, and looking forward to getting together again, soon!

By the way, your Pontiac is awesome, and very worthy of the Ricky Couch award! Congrats!

Was a real Honor to take that award...i was speechless....Likewise it was a pleasure meeting y'all, its always great to meet new people and to get to know faces with names and to form new friendships through this hobby of ours....

Thanx again

Tom

I thought I had posted a reply here last night? B)

Anyway, congrats on your win, the Pontiac is awesome and definitely deserving of the Ricky Couch award, great meeting you yesterday, I enjoyed the show very much...the day literally flew by.

I didn't use a flash so my photos aren't as nice, but I did shoot a bunch yesterday. I was amazed at both the quantity and quality of models on display. I'll make sure to get more ACME members to the show, I'm embarrassed to say there were only a couple of us there yesterday and the show is far too good and far too close to miss.

SCMA Contest Photos HERE

I agree, Tom, that Pontiac is awesome! Congrats on the awards! I was very impressed with the quality and number of builds on display yesterday. Was able to check off needed items at the swap meet too. If you can make this show next year (same weekend / location) I definitely recommend it. I have been the last two years and have been very pleased. I posted the link to my pics, below:

2011 SCMA Upstate Show Pics

The show was great as usual. Tom is was great to have met you and definately congrats on the Best in Show award. It was most deserved. I just returned to Daytona today so I will be uploading my pics. tonight and linking them here with the rest. Unfortunately I spent so much time up on stage talking with Bob Downie and Mark Batson that by the time I realized I hadn't taken any pictures yet folks were already packing up their models so I believe I missed some really good models to photograph. Oh well, can't wait to come back up again next year. The SCMA folks put on a great show.

Thanx all for the congrats and all y'all for attending the show.... met some great new friends saw some old friends and had a great time with everyone... look fwd to seeing you all at other shows and at this show next year again...

Thanx again

Tom