Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 Daytona Pro Mod 1/16th scale updated 4/3/12 ..It's a wrap!

Chris , Dave & John thanks for the sincere compliments and for following along on this journey.

got a few things to share with ya today. So on to the pics enjoy.

heres some motor parts I hit with a dose of Alclad

rearwheelmounts001.jpg

I need to make the rear wheel mounts, so I turned some on my ol trusty dremel , I started with a piece of the resin tranny that i cut up earlier in the build.

rearwheelmounts003.jpg

After cutting it in half , I chucked it up in the dremel and turned a disc like this....

rearwheelmounts002.jpg

Now i needed to make the center hole wider so I pulled out the jewelers files and got busy...

rearwheelmounts005.jpg

Now I made the hole big enough to fit a piece of tube the size of my axle in the middle and I needed to drill the lug stud holes so they match the holes in my rear rims......

rearwheelmounts006.jpg

Now to get the actual shape of the mount I used my dremel once again

all thats left to do now is to hit them with Alclad and install the lug studs (which will be done tomorrow).....

come back again soon...

Edited by Aftashox

Well I finished these sooner than I thought so without further ado....

Painted with lug studs threaded even

wheelmountscomplete001.jpg

wheelmountscomplete003.jpg

here a teeny tiny lug nut which will hold on the wheels...

wheelmountscomplete002.jpg

I forgot to add this I drilled the rims for the bead lock bolts enjoy

rearwheelmounts010.jpg

Edited by Aftashox

Holy Cow! You drilled holes for lug nuts! :P What are you gonna do, change the tires every two months to prevent oh something. Romell good buddy, you can send your check in the amount of 35.99 USD to me, so I can go buy a new keyboard! This one short circuted due to being covered in drool. 019-Drooling-SuperEmoticonscom.gif

Edited by Mississippi Resins

Thx fellas for your humble compliments...smile.gif

im tryin to step up production so to speak. So the updates are gonna come more frequently. Anyway here's the next of many. I hope you enjoy.

Here you can see I have the rear wheel assembly together just have to attach the brakes.

wheeldetail003.jpg

This will bolt on as one assembly its was easier to make it this way. I also did the beadlock rings in anodized blue. (Tamiya Clear Blue over Silver) Still have to clean it up a bit, I'll add the beadlock bolts next.

wheeldetail001.jpg

wheeldetail002.jpg

Heres a close up of the scale 1 inch lug nuts from http://www.scalehardware.com

wheeldetail004.jpg

Edited by Romell R

well dang whatya know a 3rd update today,... I had to finish up these rims and get em outta the way. So here's a run down of what i did since the last post. I added the beadlock bolts, axle caps and valve stems enjoy. B)

in order to make the axle cap I had to solder a piece of tube to a piece of brass sheet

axlecaps003.jpg

heres what I have after I clean it up.....

axlecaps004.jpg

Now to cut it off, the black dot is where I'll be cutting it's 3mm from the top.....

axlecaps005.jpg

Any last words you piece of tubing ? :blink:

axlecaps006.jpg

ok cap completed and installed on the axle end

axlecaps002.jpg

Next I added the beadlock bolts

axlecaps007.jpg

wheelbeadbolts001.jpg

Yikes!! I forgot the valve stems so I drilled the rims and install the stems ,

drilledstems002.jpg

the black dot is where I drilled

drilledstems001.jpg

the final product....

drilledstems003.jpg

Yall come back now ya hear! B)

Hey thanks Luis & Antonio

I needed to make the brake calipers and I had one more piece of the resin tranny I cut up so i carved the calipers out of that. Enjoy...

I started by cutting the resin piece in half

brakecalipers001.jpg

can you see where this is going?

brakecalipers002.jpg

after a about 10mins of sculpting with jewelers files , I had a brake caliper just need to paint it now.

brakecalipers003.jpg

brakecalipers004.jpg

Cya Soon.....cool.gif

Edited by Aftashox

Man o man...Rom...VERY cool...don't forget to bleed them calipers before you drive that thing...oh, yeah, it's a model...:)

Vision...that's what it is...you have vision. You could see that caliper hiding in that left over piece of resin...amazing!!

What an outstanding build!!! Great job and one has just got to love the tube chassis your making.

Takes me back to when I was young ~ my old man made slot car chassis But this thing is over the Top!

Well that comment was posted after see the first page or so. I did not see the other 16 pages!

So after reading all of this and looking at all the detail. I have never seen such a build to this level of detail.

Your work is just mind blowing!

I Bow before your greatness oh great and mighty one.

Edited by MustangDreams

The caliper work was really clever. You're a brave man to drill those exception rims, but you pulled it off and bead locks look great. The whole wheel assembly looks awesome. I'm going to use your stub idea to cover up the, less than desirable, centers of some Pegasus rims.