Model Cars Magazine Forum

my 69 Z/28 camaro police car

richcrabman

ok guys thought i would show my first model on here.its a 69 Z/28 camaro RS.the base kit is the revell monogram kit,and its a ok kit.

right i wanted to make it into some kind of highway pursuit car,crossed with mad max style.but didnt want to make it to like a mad max car.

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

these are just showning mock for now,and the new addition of a 69 dodge charger 500 bonnet,modified to fit the camaro.also made modified the rear window with some plastic strip,to make the slats.thats all for now,will post more pics later.

hope ive uploaded thes correctly.

thanks,

rich

Edited by richcrabman

ok here are some more pics,hopefully!!.......ive decided to remove the stock fuel tank,card it over with added brass rivets.and add a 1:24 truck water tank and add a few little bits,to make it into a bigger fuel tank.which ive wanted to mount it into the rear seat section,which also has been modified slightly with brass chequer plating,plastruct angle strip and more brass bolt heads.this is to make a renforce floor to hold the weight of the newe fuel tanks.

043-Copy.jpg

044-Copy.jpg

045-Copy.jpg

047.jpg

048.jpg

049-Copy.jpg

050-Copy.jpg

063.jpg

064.jpg

thats all for now,hope you like.comments welcome.

rich

Lol....thanks Rob.sorry the explanation is a bit vague,but I'll just explain as and if questions get asked.

Well I wanted to make a sort of rogue menacing cop car.so I thought a camaro would be a suitable car choice,and

The fact I have about seven of these kits.

There is going to plenty more modifactions done to the car,and hopefully get some weathering done to it aswell.

Still undecided on the wheels.the one's in the last couple of pics,I've took from my joker/police car kit.but not sure if they work?

So I'm looking for somthing more suitable if anyone can suggest wheels for the camaro.

Thanks,

Rich

OK done a little more to my camaro.

001.jpg

002.jpg

094.jpg

095.jpg

i have made a new prop shaft tunnel out of plastic card,and this will be painted to look like aluminum sheet when the rest of the interior is complete.

also made a new CB wire out of phone wire,and wrapped it around a small piece of brass rod,to get the curly effect.

also added to pump action,and just got to make a bracket for that.

the dash isn't gloss black,its semi gloss.it was the flash from the camera......but this will be dulled down once some weathering takes place.

thats all for now,hope you like,comments welcome.

thanks,

rich

Edited by richcrabman

• 3 weeks later...

OK thought i would try and finish this off...as I've got models stacking up ready to be started.interior is almost complete,just making sure i like where everything is then ill glue down....got most of the interior painted with Matt black for the floor,semi gloss for door cards,drive shaft tunnel,rear panel,and seat.also painted the diamond plating with aluminum paint.the nos bottle is made from a fire extinguisher so quite pleased with that.....also got the c.b to dry brush,paint the dash light and the steering wheel,which is from a Chevy van.

as for the exterior of the car,I've used some old mad max decals as this is a fictitious police car.wheels are also from the planet x mad max car as I've got replacements for that......had to modify the rear wheel arches to accept the wider wheels.hope you like. B)

photo51.jpg

photo41.jpg

photo31.jpg

photo22.jpg

photo11.jpg

photo21.jpg

thanks for looking,ant comments welcome...............

rich

i like where this is going. you got me wanting to build one now..

the only thing that gets me is the gas tank right behind the driver. kinda scary in the real world.

now with your last pic, it looks like something max would have in his garage.

i like where this is going. you got me wanting to build one now..

the only thing that gets me is the gas tank right behind the driver. kinda scary in the real world.

now with your last pic, it looks like something max would have in his garage.

B) ....yeah guess it would be scary,but its double skinned and the driver is HaRd :D .....but it is only fictitious,and thanks for the comments.

rich

I have been wanting to put a diffrent engine in,but ain't sure what will fit......and it need to be fitted with cone air cleaners.

Suggestions guys?

Rich

hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi

it might need some modefication to the subframe but it should go in there allright

as for the cone filters...not sure about those but its your build so go for it

So if a criminal shoots the driver, he dies. And if he ducks the bullet hits the fuel tank and he will still die? Just kidding. Badass idea, cannot wait to see more.

It's to fast for anyone to shoot the driver,and i would hope he wouldn't duck :( The car would just be for high pursuit if it was real.and i just wanted to make it a little mad max with out copying to much of the interceptor.hence the propain tank in the back seat......and it holds more fuel than the stock tank would of done.so more driving time.

Thanks,

Rich

Sorry,i should of said.I'm not that clued up about engines and what goes in what.i just make models.....so a hemi engine out of what kit would fit my camero?

Thanks,

Rich

sorry about that :(

well, for starters this is a 1/25 scale kit right ?

that means that a hemi from a 1/25 would be just a hair bigger them a hemi from a 1/24 scale kit

now, your RS came with a 302 which is a smallblock engine while the hemi is a bigblock

so my suggestion would be to find a nice hemi in 1/24 scale

it will not be accurate in scale but it will give you a hair more room to fiddle with and i doubt anyone would notice the difference

not 100 % sure where you could find a nice 1/24 hemi though

there are plenty of choices in 1/25 (which im sure would work aswell) like the revell 69 charger (a 426 hemi) or thier 32 ford 5window (older 392 hemi)

or the reissue of the little red wagon in coca cola trim

im not 100 % sure on if this is a 426 (like the real one) or a 392 hemi, but it comes with hilborne fuel injection and regular intake (i think)

you cant put the cones on if you use the hilborn since each cilinder has its own intake stack BUT you do get a 1/24th scale hemi

best part of it...each of these kits have optional parts so you can scavenge the hemi and still build the kit without adding any extra parts :lol:

(except a starter for the ford)

Well the camero is 1:25 so I guess it has to be a 1:25 engine.and just had a look at the 60 charger engine,it will fit With a little work.and I'll use the Gear box from the camero......hope it works.

Thanks for all your comment guys,keep um coming.

Rich

"that means that a hemi from a 1/25 would be just a hair bigger them a hemi from a 1/24 scale kit"

Ummm, actually a 1/24 scale engine (or any part for that matter) will be larger than its 1/25 scale counterpart...

I like your imagination on this Camaro...

you're right, i overthought it and reached the wrong conclusion

so a 1/25 scale engine would be best but i still think a 1/24 scale should work aswell

Well the camero is 1:25 so I guess it has to be a 1:25 engine.and just had a look at the 60 charger engine,it will fit With a little work.and I'll use the Gear box from the camero......hope it works.

Thanks for all your comment guys,keep um coming.

Rich

glad to hear that

i wasnt going to suggest blowers since it might make the car look too much like the falcon from madmax

(on a side note, im american english a gearbox is a transmission....if you go to a junkyard here and ask for a gearbox they give you the windshield wiper motor)

so lets see some mock ups of the engine B)

hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi hemi

it might need some modefication to the subframe but it should go in there allright

as for the cone filters...not sure about those but its your build so go for it

Did you say hemi LOL

Looking good and mean