Model Cars Magazine Forum

Scale License Plates

I found some notes I had made in 2006 regarding Acme Platemaker. Is that the latest word regarding custom plates? Someone used to make plates and sell them. I need some plates and would be willing to pay if I could find some good ones. What does the Model Car Magazine think tank have to say about this?

Acme is still a good place for plates. Another that has Out of USA plates in addition to a good selection of older state plates is here.

If you print them out on photo paper they look good and the paper gives some body to it.

I like making a decal and putting it to some soda can tin. The thickness looks good and it will bend/damage well like a 1:1. B)

Edited by Foxer

Bruce, for custom plates Acme Platemaker would be the choice for making your own custom plate, but here are a couple more sites just if you want a normal plate or with some editting in something like Photoshop, possibilities for custom plates.

http://www.moini.net/2home.html

http://www.plateshack.com/

I don't know if this will work for any other State, but I went to the Virginia DMV website. They have a page showing samples of all the different plates they offer. I copied the one I wanted, opened it in Photoshop Elements, and added the text I wanted.

Licensetagcopy.jpg

Edited by basher