Model Cars Magazine Forum

32 Ford Altered

noname

Hello there. Haven't posted anything here for a while as I had been exploring military modeling and whatnot. Lot to learn there, I'd suggest it to anyone. I did get this Altered recently completed. going for an early 60's low buck Altered. You know, spend the money on the engine and the body can wait kinda thing. Alot of scratchbuilding and that's all I'll say for now. I hope you get a kick out of it.

fat1.jpg

Picture705.jpg

fat2.jpg

Picture710.jpg

Picture700.jpg

Thanks guys. It is important to me that a drag car be labelled right and have period correct parts. That is what makes it fun. :lol:

I can absolutely appreciate a vintage drag car that is done correctly. Great detail throughout. I especially like the STP decal (every car had one of them!) and the class lettering! Front steel wheels and whitewalls look great.

WF

Old School IS Cool! Great job with this Altered! I like seeing these, the Golden Era of DragRacing. Budget racer idea is also great, and model is built very nicely. Rust looks very realistic, and yellow paint fits nicely to the body. Detailing is great, and I love the stance of it. Nothing to complaine, it's very beautiful model. Makes me building something same styled from my '32 Ford... Let's see. :lol:

Coolplastic, I made the headers. The header flanges came from an old Revell parts pack 283 kit that were sanded thinner. Then I just used some styrene rod. I have made the flanges before but using these were easier.