Model Cars Magazine Forum

My 1st Post

Hey, welcome on the forum! Great looking Bel Air! That rear fender looks great and flip nose works fine with this one. I would leave that fender without the "lip", it looks just amazing right now. It's going to be really cool build!

Paul , if you want the lip either glue a thin strip of styrene around the opening on the bottom side (sticking out about 1mm) and putty around it on the guard to fill out the lip or glue a small strip along the flat guard and file to shape, hope thats clear enough

Thanks or the welcome. I think that I will try putting the lip on the rear fender. What is the best way to strip chrome? I thought that drano might. Oldschool, you are correct. The car was a 67 Camaro, black with a tunnel ram, big tires rear and skinny front. Fast and wild.

Paul, there are alot of ways to strip chrome off, I myself use Simple Green, pour some in a small plastic tub,drop the chrome piece in, wait awhile(I check it about every half-hour),sometimes it takes awhile & sometimes it don't, all depends on the thickness of the plating I guess.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...